Waterblight Ganon is a boss that you should beat in Zelda BOTW. I say you should because technically you don’t need to but calming the Divine Beat Vah Ruta can be helpful in more ways than you imagine. Not only do you learn more about Mipha, but you also get the champion ability Mipha’s Grace. This ability revives Link when he loses all of his health in a fight. So without further ado let us quickly check how to defeat Waterblight Ganon in The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild.
How to Beat Waterblight Ganon in Zelda BOTW
You can beat Waterblight Ganon in Zelda by performing Flurry Rush and unleashing a barrage of attacks. There are two phases in this fight. Here are the weapons that you should use for this fight.
- Ancient Spear
- Guardian Spear++
- Knight’s Halberd
- Traveler’s Spear
- Zora Spear
- Ancient Bow
- Soldier’s Bow
- Boko Bow
- Light Arrows
- Bomb Arrows
Do note, that the above weapons are just the recommended ones, you can also use swords if you don’t have spears. Now, let us check both the phases.
In the first phase, Waterblight Ganon uses its spear a lot. It has a good reach and can do 3 & 3/4 heart damage when it hits. So have a good shield as your last resort to guard against its attacks.
- Spear slash: Waterblight Ganon will swing its spear in an arc and slash you. You can dodge this attack by doing a backflip. It is even better if you can time it correctly and perform a flurry rush.
- Spear thrust: It will thrust its spear at Link this attack usually hits on the right side so you can sidestep or jump to the left to dodge it. Again, if you can dodge at the right time you can perform a flurry rush.
If you are able to flurry rush then use your spear and attack whenever you get the chance. Else use your bow and arrows and attack its eyes. If you hit it correctly it should fall giving you chance to attack it. Repeat these attacks until half of its health is gone. It will now start Phase 2 of the fight.
In its second phase, Waterblight Ganon will raise the water level and 4 platforms that you can stand on. Try standing on any of the platforms that are directly opposite to it and avoid the platform where it is diagonally opposite from you. There are two moves it can perform here.
- Hurl iceblocks at you: It will raise ice blocks from the water and throw them towards you. You can easily destroy them using the Cryonis Rune. After breaking the ice (pun intended), there will be a small opening steady your bow and shoot at its eye. If you attack correctly Waterblight Ganon should get hit and fall down. When it is down go towards it and spam your attacks. Depending on how low its health is it can throw 1, 3, or 5 iceblocks.
- Guardian beam: It can also use the same laser attacks as the guardians. Lock aim at it and deflect your shield at the perfect time to send its laser back at it. This will not only do a lot of damage to it but also bring it down, thus you can spam attacks at it. In case you feel you will not be able to deflect it then try using Cryonis to create a small block of ice in front of you to guard against the attack. It might not guard completely but you could negate the damage a bit.
Repeat these counters whenever it attacks and you will defeat it.
Bonus Tips to Beat Waterblight Ganon
- If you have already calmed the Divine Beast Vah Naboris, then you will have Urbosa’s Fury. Use this attack when it is down to take away a good chunk of its health.
- Another thing you can do is use Stasis+ when it is down to get maybe a few extra hits. This is not really recommended as it won’t be of much use but you can try it either way.
That covers this guide on how to beat Waterblight Ganon in The Legend of Zelda BOTW (Breath of the Wild). If you want to make this fight even more interesting then you could try using Mods for this game to change the appearance of Link while he fights.