The new God of War Ragnarok is out and the reviews are nothing but good. In this second installment of the Norse Saga, Kratos will head on a new adventure with his son Atreus. As veterans know, any GoW game is incomplete without powerful foes and this one is no different. Along with formidable enemies like Thor, the god of thunder himself, you will fight strong minibosses. If you make the mistake of underestimating these minibosses then you will surely meet your demise. The Traveller Champion is a combatant you shouldn’t take lightly. Want to know how to win against him? In this article, we will tell you how to beat Traveller Champion in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Beat Traveller Champion in God of War Ragnarok
If you played the previous iteration of this game, then you must have faced the Traveler miniboss. The Traveller Champion is the stronger version of this foe. You will face him while completing the Sigrun’s Curse favor. Along with his brutish strength, this boss carries a huge shield making it difficult to beat him. Although he may appear slow, taking a hit from his huge sword can deal a lot of damage. Make sure you learn his attack patterns as he has swings that you can block or parry. But at the end of his combo, he will attack you with an unblockable hit. As the name suggests, you cannot block or parry this attack. But if you are quick enough, you can dodge this attack with a sidestep or a roll.
Another thing to worry about when fighting this brute is his magical blasts. To activate this attack, he will hold a skull above his head. These blasts can deal a good amount of damage if not handled properly.
Tips to Defeat this Boss
To beat the Traveller Champion, you will have to get close to him. Long-ranged attacks won’t work as he will use his shield to block them.
- Attack him with a barrage of blows and roll to the side whenever he attacks.
- Hitting him on the back will be useless because of his shield. It will cause you to recoil.
- Make sure you hit the skull with a ranged attack with your Blades of Chaos or an axe throw.
- To deal with the magical blasts, hit them with a ranged attack or use your blades to deflect them to the Traveller.
- These blasts have their health bar and release shockwaves after the bar is depleted. Be careful and keep your distance from them.
- Use Atreus’ arrows to deal more damage.
- Don’t forget to use the Spartan Rage to deal heavy damage at once.