Grafted Scion is a boss that you can rematch in Elden Ring and hence you should beat it to make most of this second chance. If you are confused then this is the same boss you fought at the start of your journey. The spider with two swords and a shield. So let us quickly check how to defeat grafted Scion in Elden Ring.
How to Defeat Grafted Scion in Elden Ring
You can beat the Grafted Scion by attacking it in between its moves. There is a small opening where you can attack before the two moves of this boss, that is when you launch your attacks. Repeatedly keep attacking and you will defeat the Grafted Scion. You should be aware of its attack pattern to understand when is your chance to strike. Remember these are just the move names I have given it to explain it, and these aren’t the actual game move names.
There are two phases in this fight.
In the first phase of this fight Grafted Scion will use the following moves.
- Twice Slash: It will use its swords to do two wild slashes in front of it.
- Shield smash, slashes, and jump: It will begin with slamming the shield to the ground in front of it. Next, follow it with a few slashes on the ground. It will do this twice. Finally, jump and thrust two swords to the ground along with smacking the shield.
- Shield smash: It will raise the shield and smash it to the ground with two swords.
- Screech: It will screech once for a second or two.
- Forward thrust: It will use one sword and thrust it forward.
- Jump and smash: It will jump towards the player and smash the shield with two swords.
Learn these moves and keep attacking. Once you bring its health below half it will begin the second phase.
You can recognize the second phase when it enchants its blades with magic. The blades will emit a yellow aura. There are no new moves in this fight just you have to be extra careful of the blades.
Like most battles pay attention to your stamina and FP bar. If you plan to use ranged attacks then do so when its shield is down. Else you will end up wasting ammo or in the case of spells FP.
That covers this boss guide on how to defeat Grafted Scion in Elden Ring. You should also check our other boss guide on how to beat the Tree Sentinel. We also have many other guides to help you with, in our Elden Ring section.