Splatoon 3 is a three-player shooter videogame and the third installment of the franchise. If you have played the previous installments, you have faced DJ Octavio as the final boss for both. He is credited as the main antagonist and the leader of all Octarians. Unlike the initial installments, you will encounter DJ Octavio pretty early in this game. While this boss fight can be easier than most of them, it will have three different phases. So, here’s our guide on how to beat DJ Octavio in Splatoon 3.
How to Beat DJ Octavio in Splatoon 3
As mentioned earlier, the boss fight will be divided into three phases that will be subsequently challenging. You will see the Octarian boss fully equipped with his Octobot King L3.Gs mecha-suit and an X-shaped scar. So, let’s look into each of these phases in more detail.
DJ Octavio Boss Fight Phase 1
- As soon as the fight starts, DJ Octavio will launch his giant steel fists. You need to keep on damaging those fists with your ink to damage him.
- We suggest not getting between the line of fire. You can dodge or head back to avoid his attacks.
- You need to spam him with ink to damage his mechanized punches and fists.
- Once you have inflicted enough damage, he will pull out his Drill punch.
- This attack will dismantle his mecha hand and drill it into the ground.
- You can either dodge the drill punch or you can flip and perform a squid roll to merge with the ink.
- Alternatively, you can also keep on firing at the Drill Punch until it flies back to his suit.
- He will keep on attacking you with his steel fists and drill punches. But once he has taken enough damage, he will fall from his mecha-suit.
- You need to keep on attacking to damage him and advance to the next phase.
Splatoon 3 DJ Octavio Boss Fight Phase 2
The second phase will serve as the checkpoint for the battle.
- For this phase, Octavio will vacuum all the ink around the surroundings.
- He will continue to throw his mecha-fists and drill punches in your way.
- Similar to the previous phase, you need to keep on dodging and spam-attacking them.
- To stop his vacuum attack, you need to throw your Smallfry companion. You can do so by hitting the R button.
- As you throw in your companion, he will be unable to vacuum your ink.
- DJ Octavio will continue to inflict you damage with his fists and drill punches.
- Once you have caused him enough damage, he will launch your Smallfry and fall out of his Octobot mecha-suit.
- Then, you need to continue attacking him until he launches back into his suit.
DJ Octavio Boss Fight Phase 3
The third phase will also serve as a checkpoint for the boss battle. Due to taking such damage, DJ Octavio will turn mad and be angrier than usual during this phase.
- Soon enough, you will see a giant hand above you that will bash on the ground.
- You need to dodge or head in a different direction to avoid damage.
- As you repeatedly attack this giant hand with ink, it will radiate purple ink. You can jump over them or you can perform a squid roll.
- One of his other attacks involves drilling the ground with a giant fist that extends its fingers.
- Once you have inflicted him enough damage, DJ Octavio will fall out of his mechanized suit.
- You need to shoot him again to end the phase and defeat DJ Octavio.
For the players wondering if they will encounter him again, we leave that for you to discover in Splatoon 3.
That’s everything covered about how to beat DJ Octavio in Splatoon 3. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on how to join and win Turf Wars, how to get Teddy Band Bear Ears, and how to unlock Amiibo Gear rewards in Splatoon 3 right here on Gamer Tweak.