Mylodon is one of the Altered mutant mini-boss you can beat in Forspoken to get rewards. In this action-adventure RPG, you will be transported to the mysterious land of Athia. Once a thriving land, this world is overcome by a blight called The Break. On your journey across Athia, you face many hostile creatures and humans infected with it. In order to fight them, you will need to upgrade your gear. In this guide, we will tell you how to beat the mutant bear to get upgrading materials.
How to Beat Altered Mylodon in Forspoken
This is one of the very first bosses you will fight early in the Barren Plains region. That means your weapons, magic, and gear will be near the base level. Since this is an optional boss, we recommend you fight it after progressing to a certain level in the main storyline. Specifically after beating Tanta Sila and unlocking her Red Magic. Once you unlock it, make sure you get the new spells and upgrade them.
To beat Altered Mylodon, you must keep your distance while attacking it with Red Magic spells. Follow these instructions to defeat it:
- Use Spells like Blast Slice to attack from distance and move around. This mutant is huge but its size does not affect its speed. If you’re not on your toes throughout the fight, it will hit you with some strong melee attacks.
- Keep an eye out for its Biting Attack and Claw Swipes, as they can do heavy damage.
- Also, due to its thick hide, it’ll absorb most of your attacks. So keep attacking Mylodon’s weak spots like its belly and rear. Hitting these spots will deplete its massive health bar faster.
- Altered Mylodon also has some unblockable attacks so make sure you carry enough Healing Draughts before engaging in a fight.
- Moreover, use a Necklace with high Red Magic stats to deal heavy damage.
- Once you defeat Altered Mylodon, it will drop 4 Lambent Garlands that you can use to upgrade your gear.