Multiple Battlefront 2 players are reporting the appearance of error code 216 which is an unfortunate roadblock in their plans to play the game online with others. The error message says: The connection to the game server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. What should you do in this situation and is there a fix? Let’s take a look.
How to Fix Battlefront 2 Error Code 216?
First and foremost, check your internet connection. Reset your router and try to connect to the game again. Use a wired broadband connection to see if the connectivity improves and also attempt to change your wireless channel, if possible. In case that didn’t work, try the following steps to fix Battlefront 2 Error 216:
- Restart the game.
- Fully restart your device.
- Keep your Router as close to your device as possible to minimize interference.
- Download the Latest Firmware for your Router.
- Type the IP address of your router in the browser and click on “Proceed to ____”
- Enter your username, password and sign in.
- Head to the Firmware update section.
- Download the official firmware update file from the official site and save it to your desktop (after extracting it).
- Now, go back to the Firmware update section and click on Browse. Select the file you just downloaded.
- Once it’s done, reboot your Router to apply the updated changes.
- Check if you have a major Packet Loss. Contact your ISP if that is the case.
- Type CMD on PC and type “ipconfig” without the quotes.
- Then note down the Default Gateway number.
- Now after C:\Users>ping (default gateway number) -n 25
- This will calculate your ping, and after 25 lines, you will see the result. If you get something like 50% packet loss, then this will hamper your connection with the game. The lesser the number, the better it is.
- Open Ports on Xbox One and PlayStation. Follow these instructions by clicking on the linked articles.
Apart from all of these steps, do check if EA servers are down at the moment. This could also be a reason why you are not able to connect with the game’s servers online.
Hopefully one or the other steps helps you out. If not, you can contact EA support for additional help.