Avowed Will Be Much Larger Than Skyrim With Huge Bosses, Mod Support & More – Insider
During the Xbox Games Showcase, Microsoft has shown a short teaser trailer for the new game of Obsidian, called Avowed.
Despite the Californian software house and the Redmond house have not released more details on the new first-person RPG set in the fantastic world of Eora, in the past few hours several rumors about the title would have emerged from the Twitter account of Joe Sinister, leaks confirmed by the insider Klobrille.
As reported by the user, Avowed will be a completely open-world game, with a dense and contrasting map, very similar to that of Skyrim. In addition, the game will present real-time weather conditions, a complex lighting system and advanced character creation options.
Obsidian has not yet revealed when their new first-person RPG will be available, although, according to rumors reported by Joe Sinister, Avowed is expected to debut on next-generation consoles between late 2022 and early 2023.
You can check the complete details about the game below:
– fully open world, much much larger than Skyrim (very differently “larger”, more proper word would be “denser” and “more contrasted” at the same time)
– primarily set in the The Living Lands region of Eora (not sure if it’ll go like that as explicit later on, but that was starting point)
– big focus on world-reactivity, lighting and next-gen AI systems and physics (special focus on physics with magic systems – have no clue what would that mean)
– realtime whether system (don’t have full details but fog is very important as realtime element, rivers will have specific micro physics systems regarding this)
– very advanced character creation tool (didn’t get more info)
– mod support (for now PC is/will be very dominant as creation tool, but I’ll be playable fully on Xbox)
– very large number of fractions but very different approach than with Skyrim
– you’ll be able to have companions (different than Outer Worlds)
– storyset: fight against incoming threat of tyranny (independent from previous stories)
– game has bosses planned and some of them are very very large
– Gods will have special say in the game
– great focus on iconic landmarks, statues and buildings
– two large cities planned with many smaller ones with strong focus on contrasting wild-areas, rivers, mountains and desolated areas (yes, you’ll be able to swim)
– fully respecting POE creatures lore with new additions
– dynamic presentation of dialogue
– for now idea is to keep “you can kill everyone in the game” option
– around 100 people are on the project for 2y (smaller number for 7m of preproduction), in total 2y 7m
– full production is already a thing
– team will still grow
– target date: late 2022/early 2023