New Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Details From Game Writer
Darby McDevitt gave some details about Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla scriptwriter Darby McDevitt gave a great interview to GameSpot, in which he told a lot of details about the game.
The most interesting details are the following:
- At the heart of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is a story about the struggle of people trying to find a new home.
- The old settlement of the people of the protagonist was destroyed during the battle. The game begins in 873 when chaos and contention started in Norway, and the clan of the protagonist was expelled from the country. The new clan settlement will be in England.
- The player will experience the burden of leadership.
- The main character of the game, Eivor, resembles Edward from Black Flag. He is not born an Assassin or a Templar but delves into the conflict already during the game.
- The history of the protagonist will be acutely connected not with the war of brotherhood and order, but with historical events, as in the Black Flag.
- This is not the end of the series, but a peculiar result of everything that used to be in it.
- The protagonist will be significantly different from other characters in the series. He will not be a neophyte, as the majority of the characters in the series were. But he is a respected Viking at the beginning of the game.
- The narrative will surprise the players. Darby wants to create the right balance between the world, which is interesting to explore, and the true human history of the huge culture that once existed on Earth.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be released at the end of the year on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. The first gameplay of the game will be shown during the Microsoft show.