In the new God of War Ragnarok, along with fighting deadly enemies, you will come across some tricky puzzles. During the main story mission “The Quest for Tyr”, you will be exploring the mines of Svartalfheim in the Applecore region. There, you will face a three-part puzzle that you must solve to progress further. In this walkthrough guide, we will provide you with solutions for all the Applecore Water Wheel Puzzles in God of War Ragnarok.
All Applecore Water Wheel Puzzle Solution in God of War Ragnarok
To get into Applecore, you will have to cross the Jarnsmida Pitmines. In this region, you will get a slight idea of the puzzles ahead. After entering the mines, you will face these bothersome puzzles. To solve the Applecore Puzzles in God of War Ragnarok, you have to channel the flow of water to get all the water wheels working. Let’s get into the details of it.
First Applecore Puzzle
When you reach this mechanism, you will see a motionless waterwheel and an aqueduct above it.
- The first step is to break the stone blocking the aqueduct. Use Atreus’ arrow to break it and unblock the flow of water.
- Then, use your Leviathan Axe to target the part of the aqueduct above the water wheel. This will freeze the aqueduct and make the water flow on the wheel to activate it.
- Doing so will raise a claw-like chain that you can use to cross to the other side.
Second Applecore Water Wheel Puzzle Solution
To get here, you will have to defeat a Draugr. Make sure you collect all the rewards from the hidden chests.
- In this part, you will have to activate a lift.
- Here, you will see another water wheel on the left but there are a few steps to do before activating it.
- Drop down to the pit on your right and open the chest.
- Use the chain to climb up, continue forward, and you will reach a mechanism at the end of the aqueduct.
- Use your Blades of Chaos to spin the machine and change the flow of water. This will activate a water wheel and power up the lift.
- Now, head back to the first water wheel. Here, use your Leviathan Axe to freeze the part of the aqueduct above the wheel.
- This will raise the claw-like hook that you can use to swing across.
- On your right, use the axe again to freeze the water in the aqueduct above you. This will lower the lift.
- Once you enter the lift, recall your axe to ascend onto the next platform.
Third Applecore Water Wheel Puzzle
This part of the puzzle is a bit tricky. You will have to activate many machines with the help of Atreus. But, you don’t have to worry. You can check our separate guide dedicated to solving this Applecore Mine Puzzle in GoW Ragnarok.
We hope this walkthrough gave you the solution for all the Applecore Puzzles in God of War Ragnarok. You can check out our Ragnarok Wiki Guide for more helpful articles.