Apex Legends has over 13 characters or Legends. You will be playing as one of them, each character features some unique abilities. If you are confused which is the best character in Apex Legends, or which one is the most powerful then the guide will help you to learn about them. Whether you are a new or an old player, the chosen character will change after the introduction of the new season. This is because new Season Updates brings major changes in Maps, Character Abilities, Weapons, etc. So the playstyle will be affected if you stick one Legend. For example Loba, the newly added legend who is powered by a teleportation ability and she can see legendary loots. This ability can be utilized smartly to grab the best loot first as well to escape or perform a surprise attack.
So here is Tier wise list of every character in Apex Legends, their best abilities, their strength and weaknesses.
Apex Legend Tier 1 Legends –
There are three characters in the Tier 1 characters, they are Wraith, Pathfinder, and Gibraltar. The very first legends introduced during the start of the game.
Pathfinder has a unique ability to find out next ring location by scanning the beacons. One of the most useful ability is Grappling Hook, this allows Pathfinder to run through walls, or to cover large distances easily. This ability requires environment support, if there are no enough ziplines, then you cannot use this ability for your advantage. Another best feature of this agent is it can move fast and offers players a good control over weapons. So if you want something fast and love used to hooks then Pathfinder will be your choice. It is the best legend to start as a beginner, otherwise, there are more powerful one introduced in next tiers.
- Passive: Insider Knowledge – Scans nearby beacons to reveal next ring location.
- Tactical: Grappling Hook – Allows for versatile, quick movement, both horizontally and vertically
- Ultimate: Zipline Gun – Creates a new zipline.
Wraith is found to be one of the best legends in Apex Legends. Her abilities make her a very strong attacker in the game, along with some supernatural abilities. With Wraith’s passive ability she can learn before enemies reach her. The ability tells that you are marked and get enemies nearby location. An ideal power in the battle zone, here second ability helps her take a new position without taking any damage. Finally here third ability that falls in the Ultimate category allows you to set two portals. You can travel from point A to B along with your Teammates. This ability is tough to use, but it is quite amazing. Once you know enemies are around you, set a portal and sneak from behind to destroy them.
- Passive: Voices From the Void – Tells you when enemies mark your location
- Tactical: Into the Void – A quick juke through her void that avoids all damage
- Ultimate: Dimensional Rift – Lets you place two portals for you and your teammates to travel through for a minute
Gibraltar is the hunk in Apex Legends, he is more like a defensive player that brings in the shield, and protection in between the battle zone. Gibraltar is a survivor, and strong so having a Wraith and him in the team will you a ton of advantage. Gibraltar can bring in a shield to block an incoming attack, he can also summon a blue dome for 15 seconds where players can block all incoming attacks. His Ultimate ability is to strike enemies with explosives using a flare. While playing as Gibraltar you will have to play defensive, do not move fast, and be with your team. If you are playing alone then try to be in cover as much as possible and let enemies find you.
- Passive: Gun Shield – When aiming down sights, he holds a shield that blocks incoming fire
- Tactical: Dome of Protection – Blue dome shield spawns and blocks attacks for 15 seconds
- Ultimate: Defensive Bombardment – A concentrated mortar strike called by throwing a flare
Apex Legend Tier 2 Legends –
Tier 2 also has three legends, they are Lifeline, Bangalore, and Wattson. Now things are different, with three new legends there is are upgrades in the abilities. This overshadows legends like Pathfinder.
The name of this legend defines her objective, Lifeline is a healer. Her abilities focus only on healing allowing the player to choose to focus on one specific strength. Her passive ability summon a shield while reviving a knocked down teammate and speedup medical supply usage by 25%. Her tactical ability deploys a small drone who can heal teammates and her Ultimate drops a care package with defensive supplies. So Lifeline is not only a strong ally in terms of combat, but she is also a very powerful healer. She can use powerful support to backup teammates and revive them when they are down.
- Passive: Combat Medic -Throws up a shield wall when reviving teammates, and quickens medical supply use by 25%.
- Tactical: DOC Heal Drone – A small drone (looks like a Roomba) that heals teammates.
- Ultimate: Care package filled with quality defensive equipment.
Bangalore is a perfect replacement for Wraith, she gets movement boost, carries an explosive launcher, and can call an airstrike like Gibraltar. So if you are looking for a Legend with more attack power then Bangalore is good to go. She can toss a container in an area and the next thing you will hear is the noise of planes that will eliminate a group of enemies in seconds. Here passive ability power her to sprint faster while taking damage and her tactical ability give her a smoke bomb. So if you see your teammates attack, throw a smoke bomb to hide them.
- Passive: Double Time – Temporarily sprint faster when taking damage.
- Tactical: Smoke Launcher – Smoke canister projectile that explodes.
- Ultimate: Rolling Thunder – Calls an airstrike that sweeps across the targeted area.
In Tier 2 Watson is best for defense. She is the only legend who owns a passive ability to charge teammates Ultimate ability. She can set electric fences that can damage and slow down enemies and her ultimate allows her to repair shields. Watson can be tough to use if you are unable to figure out where to use her the most. In a combat zone, three important factors contribute to victory. Movement, Healing, and Attack power. Watson can be a good ally to have in a team unless you exactly know when to use her.
- Passive: Spark of Genius – Allows you to fully charge your ultimate with Ultimate Accelerants and charge your Tactical near interception pylon boosts.
- Tactical: Perimeter Security – Electric fences that damage and slow enemies when crossed.
- Ultimate: Interception Pylon – Destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields.
Apex Legend Tier 3 Legends –
Tier 3 features three legends, they are Caustic, Octane and Bloodhound. Tier 3 Legends bring more defensive and attack power in Apex Legends. It’s more about tracking down enemies and fast movement. If you are picking any legend from this category be prepared to move faster. Slow is dead.
Caustic brings enemies tracking on the plate, an ideal candidate to update his teams where to attack. His abilities max focus on revealing enemies location. Like his passive will reveal enemy location who passes through the gas, his tactical ability will place 6 gas canister in the area. You can shoot them or it will release gas if anyone steps on it. Finally, he can also use a Gas Grenade that covers a huge radius. So here Caustic is more like a hunter in Apex Legends.
- Passive: Nox Vision – Complements his tactical ability by showing enemy locations for those who pass through the gas.
- Tactical: Nox Gas Trap – Lets you place up to six gas canisters that release when stepped on or shot.
- Ultimate: Nox Gas Grenade – Covers a sizable area with deadly gas.
Octane is insane Legend, but he does not sound like a healer. The best part of this legend is that his health will generate automatically if he is not taking damage. So there is not a need for finding supplies. His passive ability allows Octane to health every two seconds but is this enough in the battle zone. His tactical ability allows him to move 30% faster for 6 seconds for 10% health. And as part of Octane’s Ultimate, he can set a launchpad that can deploy players high in the air. Octane can be a little complicated to use unless are fed up with finding healing supplies. The launchpad gives you a short bump over the ground, but this will put in the eyes of enemies.
- Passive: Swift Mend – Heals one health point for every two seconds he doesn’t take damage.
- Tactical: Stim – Moves 30% faster for six seconds at the cost of 10% health.
- Ultimate: Launch Pad – Deploys a launch pad at his feet that can be used by any player to vault high into the air.
Bloodhound is more like Caustic in Apex Legends. His passive ability allows you to track enemies’ recent footprints, and his tactical will reveal enemies’ locations in the area. So he is more like a tracker allowing you to track down any enemies nearby. His Ultimate gives Caustic a short boost of heightening senses. This means he can see cold track and enemies also he gets a small movement boost. As Bloodhound you can be good support for your team, you can alert about enemies location and escape fast.
- Passive: Tracker – Reveals recent footprints, when doors were opened, time of death, etc.
- Tactical: Eye of the Allfather – Reveals enemy locations in the area.
- Ultimate: Beast of the Hunt – Heightens senses to see cold tracks/enemies and greatly increases movement speed.
Apex Legend Tier 4 Legends –
Here is the final Tier 4 with 4 latest Legends in Apex Legends. This also include the mostly recently introduced Loba.
Mirage and Loba are the two best legends in Apex Legends Season 5. Mirage is not easy to unlock, and recent Season 5 update had focused on improving his performance in the game. As Mirage you can summon a decoy and control it, you can also hide for five seconds in the game. Mirage can also create an army of his decoy who will copy his movement along with Ultimate.
- Passive: Encore! – When knocked down, a decoy spawns and you are cloaked for five seconds.
- Tactical: Psyche Out – Creates a decoy to trip up enemies.
- Ultimate: Vanishing Act – Become temporarily cloaked and unleash multiple decoys.
Revenant was added recently, an advance version of Pathfinder, he is way too good. His passive ability allows Revenant to move faster when crouch walking, he can also climb higher. His tactile ability allows him to deal with damage and lock down enemies’ abilities for 10 seconds. The first-ever Legend who can control others, and finally the Ultimate were knocked out teammate can return to the totem instead of dying.
- Passive: Stalker – You move faster when crouch-walking and can climb higher
- Tactical: Silence – Deal damage and prevent enemy abilities for 10 seconds
- Ultimate: Death Totem – Downed or killed teammates return to the totem instead of dying
Crypto is another lurker, a legend who can mark enemies on the map. He can spot down enemies in a range of 30 meters using a drone. His aerial drone is his eye in the sky. As a part of Ultimate ability, Crypto can shoot EMP Blast from the drone that damages shield, disable traps and slow down enemies.
- Passive: Neurolink – Enemies are marked on your team’s map within 30 meters of a Surveillance Drone
- Tactical: Surveillance Drone – An aerial drone that allows you to view nearby areas from above
- Ultimate: Drone EMP – An EMP blast from your Surveillance Drone that deals shield damage, disables traps, and slows enemies
Loba is the new face of Apex Legends, the tier 4 character who is way too powerful than expected. Being a new Legend it might take some time for you to get adjusted to Loba, but once you are her abilities will make you unstoppable. Loba brings superpowers like Jump Drive, an instant teleportation gadget, the power to spot legendary through walls and spawn a portable machine that adds any nearby loot to the inventory. Loba is an ally, an attacker, and a defensive player. She is blended with the right set of abilities allowing the player to either be a strong support to the team or to lead them.
- Passive: Eye for Quality – See nearby epic and legendary loot through walls.
- Tactical: Burglar’s Best Friend – Teleport to hard-to-reach places, and escape combat encounters with your Jump Drive bracelet.
- Ultimate: Black Market Boutique – Spawn a portable machine that teleports nearby loot to your inventory.
So these are all the Legends in the game, some character have similar abilities with some uniqueness. Following this broad list you can sort out the best ones and test them out in the live game.