Diablo Immortal is a mobile game that revolves around the events of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3. There’s no end to grinding this game as it features a plethora of activities and quests. Zone events are one of the endgame activities that further expand the game into hellish challenges. There are different Zone events for the regions that unlock after a certain level. Ancient Nightmare is an event zone in Mount Zavain. But how to play and complete it? Here’s our guide on how to complete the Ancient Nightmare Event in Diablo Immortal.
How to Start the Ancient Nightmare Zone Event in Diablo Immortal
- As the zone events are time-based, the Ancient Nightmare zone event starts every 2 hours from 8 AM to Midnight during server time.
- But to play this zone event, you need to be on level 60 or above to unlock the Hell difficulty mode. One of the other prerequisites is completing the game on Normal difficulty.
- Once you meet all these prerequisites, zone events become available for all the regions.
- Coming back to the Ancient Nightmare event, it is located in the Misty valley in the middle of Mount Zavain.
- You will get a notification that will state that “the Ancient Nightmare has arrived, Travel there Now?“
- Choose the Ok option whenever you are ready to navigate to their location.
- Then, you will be auto-navigated to reach the location wherein you encounter the Ancient Nightmare.
How to Beat Ancient Nightmare in Diablo Immortal
- You need to find and activate the Altars to weaken the Ancient Nightmare’s shield. You can look at their shield’s durability to the left of the screen.
- This shields pulses and damages the nearby area with great damage. So, be cautious while fighting them.
- What we need to do is find and activate the scattered Altars in the proximity. You need the right timing and patience to stun them.
- We suggest activating the Altars when the Ancient Nightmare is in the range of the Altar’s light.
- While you activate these Altars, it cools down for a minute. So, rather than waiting for a minute, use a Zakarum Sigil to bypass the cooldown and activate the Altar.
But how to get a Zakarum Sigil? You can get these Sigil by defeating Lord Martanos.
How to Beat Lord Martanos
To defeat him, you need to awaken him from his tomb. He is located to the west of the Frozen Descent waypoint. It is located close to Zakarum Graveyard.
Now, this is a part that felt a bit troublesome to Lord Martanos for me. Why would you awaken someone just to put them back to sleep?
Regardless, you can awaken Lord Martanos every 30 minutes to defeat him and get a Zakarum Sigil. This sigil causes an additional stun and a 20% damage to the Ancient Nightmare’s shield.
So, it is a win-win. But you don’t mandatorily require Sigils to defeat Ancient Nightmare. Although it will absolutely ease your battle with Ancient Nightmare. And you can bug Lord Martanos every 30 minutes to farm more of these Sigils.
But if you are having trouble finding his location, check out our guide on where to find and beat Lord Martanos for more insight.
How to Complete the Ancient Nightmare Event in Diablo Immortal
- As you activate the Altars and Sigil, the durability of the shield will deplete more.
- When the shield is completely down, you can inflict damage to their health bar directly. It can be a cakewalk once their shields are down.
- Once you have defeated them, you will receive a treasure chest.
- Completing this zone event will also get you a quick reward of 6 Enchanted Dust.
- Even if you don’t fight Ancient Nightmare from the start, you can claim the rewards before he is down.
Make a note that all the Event zones spawn at different regions during a specific time. So, you might have to plan out a schedule to take them down.
That’s all on how to complete the Ancient Nightmare event in Diablo Immortal. If you liked this guide, check out our guide on how to complete the Haunted Carriage Event in Diablo Immortal right here on Gamer Tweak.