GoW Ragnarok is undoubtedly one of the best games released in 2022 besides Elden Ring. 2018’s game director Cory Barlog also mentioned that he made the reboot’s combat based on FromSoftware’s Dark Souls. Also, the designers Anthony DiMento & Luis Sanchez said that ‘both level design and exploration’ was inspired by Bloodborne. So it’s no doubt there will be a ton of new quests and resources you can collect like in a souls game. So before going for the secret ending, here’s our suggestion on what to do post game after finishing & beating God of War Ragnarok. As we will be talking about end-game content here, consider the following part as Spoiler for the game.
What to Do Post Game After Finishing & Beating God of War Ragnarok
Once you have finished the path “The Realms at War” you have technically completed the game. You will also get the game credits at the end of this main story mission. But the quest “Beyond Ragnarök” will be active till you get 100% completion, meaning there are a lot of things to do post game even after finishing and beating God of War Ragnarok. But as the game suggests, there is a defined path you should follow before reaching the secret ending. So here’s our suggested God of War Ragnarok post game content till the secret ending:
- Collect “Pouch of Yggdrasil Seeds”
- Access to All Realms
- Unlock Realm Shift (if Not Done Already)
- The Eyes of Odin (Favour)
- Open 6 Legendary Chests
- The Broken Prison (Favour)
- Save the real Tyr
- Start Scent of Survival (Favour)
- Access to the Crater
- Complete All Crucible Trials in Musphelheim (Unlock Surtr’s Scorched Armor Set)
- Complete the First 6 Crucible Trials
- Complete the Final 9 Trials
- Complete a Stag for All Seasons
- Complete Born From Fire
- Do ‘Fit for a King’ (Unlock Berserker Armor Set)
- Complete Hel to Pay (Favour)
- Collect the Remaining Flowers From the Nine Realms
- Thank Angrboda for saving everyone
- Pet Fenrir again
- Take Freya to meet Chaurli
- Meet Sif at Freyrs’ Camp
- Witness Thrud using Mjolnir
- And unravel many more secrets
- Return All the Lindwyrms
- The Last Remnants of Asgard (Epilogue)
- Defend Your Valor (Epilogue)
- A Viking Funeral (Epilogue)
- Secret Final Ending With Credits
Why This GoW Ragnarok Post Game Content Roadmap?
As the devs suggest, the best way to play the game is by simultaneously continuing with both Paths & Favours as they fit with the story. This is also evident before starting “The Realms at War” you have the opportunity to finish all pending Favours with Atreus. The Epilogues must be kept for the end. This is because Brok is the first main friendly character we meet in the 2018 game, and yes even before Freya. So keeping “A Viking Funeral” as the end is well fitting as the completion of Kratos’ Norse Saga. Defeating Gna before the funeral, and getting 100% completion trophy right before the final end credits makes the whole journey complete and satisfying.
This is just my suggestion for the post-game content map, and no way is a wrong way to explore the game. Also if readers are finding this topic helpful, we will be adding more content and will explain each of the above steps in much more detail.
That’s all for our suggestion on what to do post game after finishing and beating God of War Ragnarok. While you are here, make sure to check out our God of War Ragnarok Guides for more topics that you may find interesting.