Set in the 40,000 universe, Warhammer 40k Darktide is the most recent first-person Action video game by Fatshark. If you have played Left 4 Dead, you will find several striking resemblances between these two Co-op shooter games. Similar to the Witches in L4D, Darktide features the horrifying Daemonhost. As their name suggests, they are the hosts possessed by the power of Chaos into human flesh. But having said that, surviving their ambush is not going to be a cakewalk. Not to worry, check out our guide for some tips on how to beat the Daemonhost in Warhammer 40k Darktide.
How to Beat Daemonhost in Warhammer 40K Darktide
The Daemonhost can spawn multiple times in a level in WH 40k Darktide. So, be wary of them all the time. Here are some tips to detect and defeat a Daemonhost:
- You will hear whispering in your mind when a Daemonhost is nearby. As you hear the whispering, you will also notice a thick fog and a white glow around them.
- You need to maintain a safe distance against them to avoid direct impact.
- Once you or your teammates have noticed a Daemonhost, you need to start coordinating them for a decisive strategy.
- They have an Unyielding stat which means these monsters cannot be staggered.
- You can equip the Ogryn Slab shield to aggro and use the Defensive Stance Special Block to avoid direct impact.
- You can also use the Power Maul for close-range combat with a Daemonhost.
- The main key to surviving is being quick enough to dodge while having powerful Psykers and Veterans in your team.
- The Psykers and Veterans are the classes that can damage them the most. But if you are a Zealot, don’t hesitate to melee attack them and dash out of the way.
- For offensive tactics, we recommend using the Brain Bursting ability by Psykers to damage them.
- The Daemonhost can also damage you with the corruption that slowly applies to you.
- After a Reject is taken down, they use telekinesis to force-choke and kill them.
- Several high-damage weapons offer buffs to nearby enemies to maximize the damage. Make sure to use these weapons to your advantage.
- If you are against the odds and low numbers, we suggest escaping to survive the boss.
Without team coordination and the right strategy, you might be eliminated by these monsters. So, note that you need to coordinate with your teammates during the boss fight. Furthermore, there are also several ways to avoid the Daemonhoist in the first place. Scroll till the end to find out.
How to Avoid Daemonhost
- As mentioned earlier, you will hear whispering and a thick fog when they are nearer. You can also find different Poxwalkers worshipping them.
- You can take a different route as soon as you notice any of these things.
- These hosts attack when any player is close to them. They disappear once they have eliminated half or sometimes more than half of your teammates.
- If you are at a distance and unhurt, look for an escape rather than attacking them.
- Once they have done the damage, they will teleport out of your way. Although there is no guarantee that they will spawn again, you can be safe for that time.
Once you have eliminated and defeated the Daemonhost, you will get the Penance Achievement in Warhammer 40000 Darktide.
That’s everything covered about how to beat the Daemonhost in Warhammer 40K Darktide. If you liked this guide, check out our more guides on what are Darktide Penances, what are Groaners, how to unlock and use Flamer, and more Warhammer 40,000 Darktide Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.