Warframe Focus Guide – Learn Everything About Focus
Want to know what is Focus in Warframe? How really it works and how to earn it?
Focus is used to unlock Tenno’s True Abilities in Warframe. Guided by the Five Great Tenno schools, Focus is used to increase the points of each school. These five schools are Madurai, Naramon, Zenurik, Vazarin, and Unairu. You can unlock unique abilities from every school and amplify your operator or warframe’s strength in the game. So here in this guide, I will explain in detail everything about Warframe focus. How this game mechanism can impact your gameplay and do you need to focus on this.
What is Focus in Warfarme?
Focus unlock at the very end of the game, it is a special mechanism that allows players to upgrade their gameplay. You can unlock a set of skills and passives that will help you to enhance your five different fighting styles. They are warrior, tank, healer, mage, and ninja. After completing Second Dream Quest, the Focus tree will be unlocked. The first skill in the Focus Tree is free, and others can be unlocked using Focus Experience, or Focus XP. To fully equip the best possible abilities, you have to unlock all five trees. But there is one limitation, you can only use on active at a time
What are the Five Schools?
5 schools mean 5 skill trees. After completing Second Dream Quest in Warframe you will have choice to pick one fro mthe five schools. Each school features a unique skill tree depending on the gameplay type, for example, there is a skill tree dedicated to fighters, and other to Tacticians. Madurai, Naramon, Zenurik, Vazarin, and Unairu are the five schools in Warframe, each school features a set of unique abilities that can be unlocked using Focus. Every school focus one single attribute, depending on the gameplay of a user he or she can pick an ability to unlock. To keep thing simple start with one skill tree and acquire abilities to make your character stronger in the game.
- Zenurik – School of the Arcane: They believed the clearest path to victory was to Dominate the Enemy. They sought to choke an opponent of all resources; that sheer strength could erase any resistance.
- Vazarin – School of the Protectors: They trained to Counter the Enemy, and move with an opponents attack in order to nullify them. They maintained constant awarness in order to defend against all aggression.
- Unairu – School of the Indomitable: They pushed themselves to Outlast the Enemy, to withstand all aggression without retreat. They believed that if the enemy could not match their endurance, then a battle could be a won without having even commenced.
- Madurai – School of the Fighters: They followed the path of Engage the Enemy. Their swift, uncompromising onslaught, holding nothing back and recklessly attacking their foes, could vanquish an opponent before he had the chance to steel himself. Speed and savagery characterized this school.
- Naramon – School of the Tacticians: The discipline focused on Knowing the Enemy, and the tacticians of Naramon believed that to truly understand a foe would confer the greatest advantage upon a warror.
There are 10 Abilities in each school called Ways. Unlocking these Ways will grant players powers, and it also adds some improvements to the player’s warframe. Each way has its rank and the cost increases based on its rank. There are three types of Ways, Active, Passive, and Way-Bounds..
What is Active Ways?
Abilities under this Active Ways focus on providing improvements or alternation to a utility or the operator’s void power. Activated ways under this category will increase energy costs. Some examples are Void Blast, Void Dash, and Void Mode. There are 6 Active Ways in every school.
What is Passive Ways?
Abilities under this Passive Ways are passive enhancements. It affects the Operator Stats or Warframe in the game. There are two passive ways in every school. Effects of Passive Ways are applied from the start of the mission.
What is Ways-BoundsEdit?
Abilities under this category will enhance the base combat statistic of an Operator. The difference between Ways in this category is that it can be unbounded from the Focus School. You can treat skills as an additional unlocked Way. Unbinding a Way-Bound node will require node upgrade to the last rank. Each rank will cost 1,000,000 Focus points and a Brilliant Eidolon Shard. There are in total 10 Way-Bound Nodes to unlock, every school has two of them.
How to unlock new abilities from Focus Tree?
Focus tree brings a special ability to unlock, this can be activated during the battle. Press 5 to access the 5 School Screen from where you can navigate the Focus skill tree. To charge the ability you will have to execute actions like head-shots or critical hits. You can get detail about what action you require to charge the ability from the focus tree.
Once you perform the action you will see the ability is charged and you can use it. To unlock more abilities you will have to earn Focus points. Similar to skill points they will be deducted as you progress to unlock more skills from the tree. A kind of special upgrade for your characters. Certain abilities will unlock once you get access to the base ones.
How to earn Warframe Focus?
After completing Second Dream Quest, you will unlock a special room in the ship that will give you access to the Five Schools Skill tree. There is a process to unlock skills under this tree. As soon as you pick one of the schools you will get a Lens in the same branch. This lens can only be attached to a Level 30 Warframe, Archwing or Weapon.
At the end of fany mission you will earn XP, a part of these points will be covered into Focus Points. The points will be later sent to the Operator as currency. You can then use the Focus Points to unlock new power and abilities from the trees. Lenses can also be unlocked by completing missions. Check the rewards in the end, or you can buy them from the market of any five Focus Trees.
An alternate way to earn Focus is through Convergence. This is special because here you can earn the highest amount of Focus in a short time. When the lens is equipped and you see the Convergence Orbs you can amplify Focus by 8x for 45 seconds. So compared to the regular gameplay you earn eight times more focus.
How to use Focus Ability?
On PC just press the 5 number key from the keyboard to use Focus Ability in Warfarme. If you are playing this on PS4 then press L1 + R1. For Xbox press LB + RB and for Nintendo Swich press L + R to activate the ability.
List of Every Skill in the Focus Tree?
To learn more about what are the all available in five schools of Warframe, check the list below. You can also learn who each school is different. For example Madurai focus more on offense, damage and power. So if you are looking for this type of upgrades then unlocking Ways upto the last rank is best under this school. Naramon, another school focus on strategy, tactic and brute force. Each school is unique and bring a unique set of abilities. Below is the complete list.
Zenurik is the school of focus, intelligence and mind power. Dedicated to Arcance, the Tenno of Zenurik can grant you tactical and spellcasters benefits. Unlocking skills under this school will help players to improve their Warframe’s heavy melee attack. Below are the list of all ways under this school.
- Energy Pulse (PASSIVE) – Earn additional energy upto 50% max and additional energy over 5 seconds.
- Inner Might (PASSIVE) – Increase melee channeling efficiency by 10%. Cost – 50,000.
- Energizing Dash – Void Dash creates a zone of energy for 6 seconds. Allies passing through the zone gain 5 energy per second for 25 seconds. Cost – 393,470.
- Lightning Dash – Manifests ball lighting after a Void Dash that travels slowly and zaps enemies within 4m for 200damage. Cost – 80,000.
- Void Siphon (PASSIVE, WAYBOUND) – Increase Operator Energy Regeneration by 15%. Cost – 50,000.
- Void Flow (PASSIVE, WAYBOUND) – Increase Operator Energy by 15%. Cost – 80,000.
- Void Static – Void Mode emits a pulse that deals 200 damage per second over 8m and costs an additional 2 energy per second. Cost – 50,000.
- Void Singularity – Void Mode pulls enemies within 10m towards the Operator, and costs an additional 2 energy per second. Cost – 80,000.
- Temporal Blast – Void Blast slows enemies by 20% for 4 second. Cost – 50,000.
- Voltaic Blast – Void Blast creates a surge of electricity, zapping enemies within 4m of 100% damage. Cost – 50,000.
Zenurik is ideal for those who wants to be a strong support in the team. Best for protectors, abilities in this school will unlock your potential for recovery and power. It is an best school to make your defensive part strong.
- Mending Unity (PASSIVE) – Increase affinity radius by 10m. Cost – 25,000.
- Guardian Shell – Void Blast can be charged to manifest a shield that drains energy for every 150 damaged absorbed. Cost – 50,000.
- Guardian Blast – Void Blast consume 25 energy for each ally hit within 5m and grants them 25 shields. Cost – 50,000.
- Enduring Tides (PASSIVE, WAY-BOUND) – Increase health of the Operator by 25%. Cost – 50,000.
- Rejuvenating Tides (PASSIVE, WAY-BOUND) – Increase health regeneration of the Operator by 1 per second. Cost – 80,000.
- Mending Soul (PASSIVE) – The next 1 revives are instantaneous. Cost – 50,000.
- Void Regen – Void Mode heals +4 health per second. This ability costs an additional 2 energy per second. Cost – 80,000.
- Void Aegis – Void Mode creates a shield that grows up to 5 meter over 5 seconds. This ability costs an additional 2 energy per second. Cost – 50,000.
- Protective Dash – Allies hit by Void Dash are granted immunity from damage for 1 second and healed 25% over 5 second. Cost – 50,000.
- Sonic Dash – Void Dash no longer displaces enemies, instead it emits a shockwave 8 meter wide and travels 2 meter stunning any enemy it hits. Cost – 80,000.
More updates coming.