Proximity chat or spatial voice chat is a beta feature in Roblox that players can access to communicate with other players. If you are a developer of a Roblox game, you can add it to the experience to make it even more immersive. Here’s how players can get voice chat in Roblox.
How to Get & Enable Voice Chat in Roblox?
If you are an eligible and age-verified user above 13 years of age, you can enable Spatial voice chat from your settings. After that, you will be able ot use it in whichever experience supports this feature.
- Go to your Account Settings by clicking on the Gear icon at the top right section of the screen.
- Click on Verify my Age and complete the Identity Verification process.
- Select the Privacy Tab on the left side of the screen.
- Toggle the Spatial Voice selector to ON. Once you have enabled it, it should turn green.
- Now launch a game that supports spatial voice chat and enjoy!
- If you see a microphone icon next to the username of a player or above their avatar, they are using voice chat, just like you are.
How to Mute Voice Chat of Another Player in Roblox?
Click on the microphone icon above the character’s head in the game and mute their voice chat. This mute will be specifically for voice and not for text chat.
How to Block Voice Chat in Roblox?
You will have to block the user in order to block their spatial voice chat in the game. Doing this will not only stop any communication from them via voice, but it will also affect the text.
How to Report Players using Voice Chat?
In case a user of voice chat is behaving badly and you want to report them to Roblox for violating rules, you need to follow the steps below:
- Click on the Menu button at the top left of the screen. This button has the Roblox logo on it.
- Then find the username of the player you wish to report and click on the Flag icon.
- When it asks you “Game or Player?” select Player.
- Which Player? – Choose the player’s in-game name.
- Type of Abuse? – Choose one from the drop-down.
- Click on Submit and that’s it, you have reported the player.