Terraria is an action-adventure game with a huge explorable area. There is even a multiplayer mode where you can explore the world with your friend. But what if you get separated, or you are slain? How do you get back to your teammate? In this article, we will tell you how to use Wormhole Potion in Terraria.
How to Use Wormhole Potion in Terraria
As the name suggests, the Wormhole potion allows you to teleport to your friend’s location. Using Wormhole Potion is fairly easy. To use a Wormhole Potion:
- Open the Fullscreen Map (M on PC, ‘Select’ on PS, ‘Back’ on Xbox)
- Here you can see your friend’s location and avatar with a colored border
- You need to make sure that you are on the same team
- Simply press ‘Esc’ to open your inventory
- On the right side of your screen, you will find two swords and several gems below it
- The color of the blade indicates your affiliated team
- By clicking on the same colored Gem as your friend’s avatar border, you will be on their team
- Go on the map again, hover your cursor over your teammate’s avatar, and you will see a prompt to teleport to them.
Note that it is important for you to be on the same team as your friend. The Wormhole Potion won’t work if you aren’t.
You can use Wormhole Potion strategically in Terraria during a Boss Fight. Say you have low health and you want to refill your inventory. You can use Recall Potion to return to your base. Then use Wormhole Potion to return to the boss fight with full strength. Left alone, the boss will despawn and all your hard work to decrease its health will go to waste. So it’s a good strategy to always engage a player while the other returns to the base.
How to Get Wormhole Potion
We assume that you already have a Wormhole Potion, but if you don’t then here is how you can obtain it. You can either find it by exploring in multiplayer mode or by crafting in single-player mode. Note that it is impossible to obtain it in single-player mode by exploring.
To find Wormhole Potion in Multiplayer mode:
- Slimes can drop it when killed
- Breaking Pots
To Craft it in single-player mode, you will need:
- A Bottled Water
- A Blinkroot
- A Specular Fish
You can craft it at either the Alchemist’s Table or the Placed Bottle.
That is all from us on how to use Wormhole Potion in Terraria, how to obtain it, and some useful tips. If you found this article helpful, then teleport to our Terraria guides for more info.