getIn Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll come across various situations where you’ll have to use the Alohomora spell to pick some locks. This is one of the mini-games which makes the quest and side quests quite tricky to complete. If you’ve already started playing the game but still haven’t got the chance to solve the puzzle every Potterhead is talking about, then we are here to help. In this guide, we will help you unlock & solve the Alohomora puzzle mini-game in Hogwarts Legacy. So without any further ado let’s dive right into it.
Disclaimer: The following guide contains some spoilers.
How do I Unlock Alohomora Puzzle Mini Game in Hogwarts Legacy?
In Hogwarts Legacy to get & unlock the Level 1 Alohomora spell and its puzzle mini-game, you’ll have to play the Carteker’s Lunar Lament quest. In this quest, you’ll have to talk to Gladwin Moon, the Caretaker of Hogwarts. And then he will ask you to collect two Demiguise moons located in the Faculty Tower itself. One Statue is located in the Prefect’s bathroom and another one is in the Hospital Wing. As the moons are locked behind the doors, you’ll have to use the Alohomora spell Gladwin Moon taught you and pick the locks. If you are having trouble picking the locks, then scroll down for the tips & tricks.
How to Solve Alohomora Door Lock Picking Puzzle Game?
To solve the Alohomora lock-picking puzzle mini-game the player will have to move the green and red spark in the correct spot. If you are a PC player then you can control the green spark by using Q and E keys. And for the red spark use the A and D keys. Similarly, on the console, the sparks can be controlled by using the R3 and L3 sticks.
- Once you have your hand on the controls simply try putting the sparks in different dials spot.
- The key is to keep doing it until the co-related gear starts spinning.
- And when you’ve successfully found the right spot for the green spot, you’ll see the gear in the outer right corner spinning. As soon as it does, hold it in the same position and start working on the red spark.
- Similarly, keep trying different spots for the red one and you’ll see the center gears spinning in no time.
And that’s how you can unlock & solve the Alohomora lock-picking puzzle mini-game in Hogwarts Legacy. Furthermore, the players can even upgrade the spell to Level 2 & Level 3. And for that, you’ll have to start playing the Man behind the Moon quest. In this quest, the player will have to again pick locks and collect Demiguise Statues for Gladwin Moon. For your reference, below we have mentioned the requirements to upgrade Alohomora spell in the game.
- Alohomora Level 2: Return 9 Demiguise Moons to Gladwin
- Alohomora Level 3: Return 13 Demiguise Moons to Gladwin
That sums everything up about how to get & unlock Alohomora puzzle mini-game in Hogwarts Legacy. While you are here take a look at the best spells to use in the game. Also, check out the list of Harry Potter PlayStation games so far.