MultiVersus has become one of the most played crossover fighting games to date, with a free-to-play model, really interesting gameplay, and a wide release on compatible devices like PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. But even though the game runs in a smooth 60 fps cap, many players with higher refresh monitors feel like they are losing out on their higher refresh rates. So today, let’s look at how to uncap and remove the FPS frames cap in MultiVersus.
How to Uncap Frames FPS in MultiVersus
There are mainly two ways to uncap and remove the frames cap in MultiVersus:
- Open your “File Explorer”
- Copy and paste the link “C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\MultiVersus\Saved\Config\WindowsClient”
- You can also press Win+R
- Type in “%localappdata%”
- This will take you to your ‘Local’ folder
- From here, you can navigate using the path we share
- Now open “GameUserSettings.ini” in your notepad
- Press “Ctrl+F” and search for “FrameRateLimit”
- Change the “0” between “=” & “.” to your monitor max FPS
- So if you have a 144Hz monitor, change it to “FrameRateLimit = 144″
Now you need to make this file “Read Only” so the values don’t revert back. You can do this by right-clicking the GameUserSettings file, after saving the notepad. Then click on “Properties”. Under the “General” tab, you will see “Attributes”. Make sure to enable “Read-only”, click on “Apply” and then click on “OK”.
Also Read: Best Multiversus Mods & Character Skins
How to Uncap Using NexusMods
Edit #1: The official NexusMods page for this game, seems to be disabled for now.
As pointed out by u/LaproCZ, you can use the mod file from NexusMods. This is useful if the game keeps reverting your frames back to 60 FPS. So here’s how to install this:
- Open the NexusMods link
- Click on the Download button at the top right of the screen.
- Move the mod file to your game folder.
- Here’s a video to help you install the mod files for MultiVersus:
That’s all about how to uncap and remove the FPS frames cap in MultiVersus. For more related to Multiversus like strategies, tips, and tricks, check out our guides here.