Are you a Final Fantasy XIV player and you’ve done something that has violated the terms and conditions of Square Enix? This could lead to a warning or, worse, a ban. Recently, multiple players created NSFW profile pics of characters in-game which led to them being suspended from playing the game for some time. If this happens to you, here’s how to appeal to get unbanned in FFXIV and hope for the best.
How to Unban Account in FFXIV?
To get your FF14 account unbanned, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Under the Contact Category section, select Accounts/ID as a dropdown.
- Under Contact Sub-category, select BAN/PB.
- Now explain your inquiry in a summary format within 40 characters. You could write something like “Ban appeal” or “Request to unban account” and click on Next.
- You should now see some FAQs under Support Information. Select Next.
- Now Square Enix provides 3 ways to contact support – Email, Chat, and Phone. Choose your preferred mode and click on the associated button. Do note the business hours during which the support service will be available.
- After this, you will be asked to enter your Square Enix ID, answer the Security Question, add more details including the problem you are facing in detail.
- Once everything is added, submit the appeal and Square Enix support will review and then respond to you regarding your appeal to get unbanned in FFXIV. Note that it is not guaranteed that your account will be unbanned, it will all depend on the discretion of the devs.
How Long Do FFXIV Bans Last?
There are different levels of violations that players can commit, and each will have a different type of ‘punishment’. There are six levels of such penalties:
- Temporary Service Account Suspension (which lasts for 3 days)
- Temporary Service Account Suspension (which lasts for 10 Days)
- Temporary Service Account Suspension (which lasts for 20 Days)
- Service Account Termination
You will be informed of the same and given instructions. If the violation isn’t intense, you will be let off with a warning or a temporary suspension.
If your account gets a temporary suspension, it will be effective immediately but the suspension period will be counted from 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time the following day. So, if you get suspended from 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time on January 1, you won’t be able to play from that exact time. But what Square Enix will count is from 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time on January 2 and the 3-day suspension will be counted from 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time on January 2 as well. Hence, overall, your suspension will be for 3 days and 6 hours extra. Make sure to read the full Account Penalty Policy here.
How is a Violation Determined?
There are penalty points that will add up if you have violated multiple categories. So if you get 10 penalty points for one type of offense and 5 for another, you get a total of 15 which will determine what type of penalty your account should receive. Severe violations of repeated ones will lead to a permanent service account termination.
As you can tell, Square Enix is very strict about the violations so players must remain careful and refrain from using any NSFW images, threats, insults etc.
That’s how to appeal to unban account in FFXIV. If you’d like to know more about the FF14 maintenance timer, check out our related article here.