Many Pokemon GO players need a fix for the unable to authenticate error as they can’t play the game because of it. You get this error most of the time when you are having connection issues. There could be multiple reasons for it like problems with the server, bad internet, or more. But worry not this error can be solved quite easily. So in this guide let us check how to fix unable to authenticate in Pokemon GO.
How to Fix Unable to Authenticate Error in Pokemon GO
- Restart the game: Start by doing the quickest fix on this list. Simply close the app and remove it from your recent apps. You should do this irrespective of whether you use Android or iOS. And make sure you close the app and not minimize it. Once the game restarts check if you still get the error.
- Check for Server Status: Whenever you get the unable to authenticate error the first thing you should do is check the server status of Pokemon GO. One way to do that is by visiting Downdetector. Here you can find the outages reported for Pokemon GO by the players in the last 24 hours.
- Check your connection: If the servers are working fine then this is the next thing to do. Open a browser on your phone and run a speed test. This will let you know if your connection is stable and how fast your internet is.
- Refresh your Internet: Since this is a mobile game you will most likely use your mobile data for it. To refresh it simply enable the flight mode on your Android or iOS device. It is also commonly known as Airplane mode. After enabling wait for a few seconds then disable it and try using your mobile data. Pokemon GO should no longer give you the unable to authenticate error.
- Restart your phone: Restarting your Android or iOS device is another way to refresh your connection. But the best part is it can also help you get rid of the error in the game. After your phone is back on try to play Pokemon GO to see if you still get the error.
- Update Pokemon GO: Keeping your game updated to the latest version is important to play Pokemon GO. The game won’t let you play if an update is available and you are on an older version. But you can still go to your device’s app store and search for Pokemon GO. If a new version is available, update your game and the problem should fix.
That covers this guide on how to fix the unable to authenticate error in Pokemon GO. Since you like playing this game be sure to check out our other Pokemon GO guides to get help on more such error fixes.