Pokemon GO allows its players to transfer the Pokemon they caught to transfer to Pokemon Home. This is a neat feature as catching new Pokemon in GO can be easier than in other games at times. Not to mention it can even help you fill up your Pokedex in other games like Legends Arceus or Sword and Shield. So in this guide let us quickly check how to transfer Pokemon from GO to Home.
How to Transfer Pokemon from GO to Home
You can transfer Pokemon from GO to Home if you have a Nintendo Account. Link your Pokemon GO to your Nintendo Account, this should be the same account that is linked to your Pokemon Home. Assuming you have already linked it follow the steps below to get started with the transferring process.
- Launch Pokemon GO.
- Tap on the Poke ball button at the bottom center of the screen.
- Here, tap on Settings on the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the very end and tap on Pokemon Home.
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account. If you already have then you should see the Send Pokemon button, tap on it.
- The new screen will show you GO Transporter Energy. You should be fine if you are transferring for the first time as it will be full. After that depending on the Pokemon that you wish to transfer, you might have to wait or recharge it.
- Now, choose the Pokemon that you want to transfer. You can select multiple Pokemon at once (again check energy to see if you can transfer them or need to wait for it to charge).
- Finally, confirm the Pokemon that you are transferring and tap on the Transport button.
- You will get candies for transferring the Pokemon, and a screen that tells you to finish moving your Pokemon to the box in Pokemon Home.
How to Recieve Pokemon on your Phone
- Launch Pokemon Home on your phone.
- Once the app launches you will get a popup that will ask if you want to receive the Pokemon transferred from GO. Choose Yes.
- Next, tap on the View transferred Pokemon button at the bottom. This will show you the list of all Pokemon that you have sent over from GO.
- In case you accidentally chose No when you initially got the receive Pokemon popup, you can still receive them.
- Go to options and choose Pokemon GO Link and tap on Recieve to get the pop again.
- Remember to manage your Box and free up space regularly else you won’t be able to get your Pokemon.
How to Recieve Pokemon on your Nintendo Switch
- Launch Pokemon Home on your Nintendo Switch.
- From the main menu, click on Pokemon GO.
- Click on Recieve to send the new Pokemon to the Boxes in Pokemon Home.
That covers this guide on how to transfer Pokemon from GO to Home. You should check out our Pokemon GO guides to get help with other topics on this game.