Bungie has included a massive range of content with a new 30th anniversary pack on Destiny 2 to celebrate its 30 years of game development. Bungie invites you on a trip down to nostalgia lane as the 30th anniversary pack includes loots from the past as well as present, a 6v6 PvE, rare rewards, new ornament sets and the legendary Grasp of Avarice Dungeon. In addition, Bungie has also introduced an exclusive Thorn Armor Set to be unlocked in the new pack. It is available for Guardians of all classes and offers a distinctly hardcore look with countless blades once unlocked. Here’s how to get the Thorn Armor set in Destiny 2.
How to Get Thorn Armor Set in Destiny 2
Before getting on how to acquire Thorn set armor in Destiny 2 you will first have to buy the anniversary pack for $ 24.99 which will unlock the downloadable content. This Armor set is available for Guardians of all classes to unlock. As it is not a cosmetic, players have to transmog and grind for each item to unlock the Armor.
- Once you have downloaded the pack, you will have to grind the Grasp of Avarice dungeon on Cosmodrome.
- It serves as the loot cave in acquiring the Armor set. The grind allows Co-op and you can invite two more friends with a power level (recommended) of 1310 or you can play solo.
- You will have to complete 6 encounters. The three bosses during the encounters will be having loot cases containing the pieces for Thorn Armor.
- Phry’zhia the Insatiable would be the first boss while Captain Avarokk The Covetous and a mini-boss Shank would be the last ones you will encounter.
- You will receive the Thorn Armor set after completing all the missions of the Grasp of Avarice dungeon and surviving all your opponents.
You can reset the dungeon grind but due to some issues you will receive the rewards only once per reset. Bungie’s Senior Community Manager DMG, confirmed in a tweet to resolve the issue in a week allowing players to earn rewards after every grind.
Along with Thorn Armor set you will also receive the following rewards
- Legendary exotic Gjallarhorn Rocket launcher, Catalyst and Weapon ornament.
- Hero of Ages Power Sword.
- Matador 64 shotgun.
- Eyasluna hand cannon.
- 1000-Yard Stare sniper Rifle.
- Gjallarswift exotic sparrow.
That’s how you can get Thorn Armor alongside a plethora of legendary items and rewards in Destiny 2. You can check out our other Destiny 2 guides and walkthroughs right here on Gamer Tweak.