The Talents system in Hogwarts Legacy will have a huge impact on your gameplay. Since this game has an RPG element to it, you’ll get to create your preferred build and upgrade it. As you roam the corridors of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, you will take on many challenges. Apart from your trusted Spells, your abilities will determine the outcome of these challenges. If you are wondering how this system will be implemented in Hogwarts Legacy, then you’re at the right place. This guide will tell you everything you need to know.
Full List Of Hogwarts Legacy Talents & How They Work
In Hogwarts Legacy, Talents will boost your character’s skills and abilities. These include your Spell Casting, Potion Making, Movement, and much more. The game has a total of 50 Talents divided into five categories. Here are the Categories and how they affect your game:
Spells are an important part of Hogwarts Legacy and these talents will increase their effectiveness. They will help you win duels against enemies and hostile creatures.
- Diffindo Mastery (Level 5)
- Diffindo casts slice through enemies to hit more targets.
- Incendio Mastery (Level 5)
- Incendio casts a ring of flame around you.
- Depulso Mastery (Level 5)
- Using Depulso releases additional damage around you.
- Confringo Mastery (Level 5)
- Confringo impacts produce bolts that seek enemies.
- Accio Mastery (Level 5)
- Accio pulls enemies around the target as well.
- Levioso Mastery (Level 5)
- Levioso lifts the target and nearby enemies.
- Bombarda Mastery (Level 16)
- Bombarda causes a massive area of effect blast.
- Descendo Mastery (Level 16)
- Descendo slam produces a shockwave.
- Glacius Mastery (Level 16)
- Using Glacius blasts damaging shards from the target enemy.
- Transformation Mastery (Level 22)
- Using the Transformation spell turns enemies into explosive objects.
These Talents in Hogwarts Legacy increase the overall effectiveness of your character. This includes your spells, movement speed, max health, and more. Moreover, this category has 17 upgrades to unlock, making it the highest among all five.
- Basic Cast Mastery (Level 5)
- Reduce Basic Cast Spell Cooldown.
- Swift (Level 5)
- Holding Dodge makes you vanish and reappear nearby.
- Protego Absorption (Level 5)
- Successful Protego blocks increase Ancient Magic Meter.
- Spell Knowledge 1 (Level 5)
- Adds new Spell Set.
- Spell Knowledge 2 (Level 5)
- Adds one more Spell Set.
- Wiggenweld Potency 1 (Level 5)
- Wiggenweld Potion heals you more.
- Ancient Magic Throw Expertise (Level 5)
- Catch and Throw disarmed weapons.
- Basic Cast Airborne Absorption (Level 16)
- Basic Casts on airborne enemies increase Ancient Magic Meter.
- Protego Expertise (Level 16)
- Blocking spells with Perfect Protego sends two projectiles back.
- Evasion Absorption (Level 16)
- Successful evasion with Dodge increases Ancient Magic Meter.
- Stupefy Mastery (Level 16)
- Enemies hit with Stupefy stay stunned longer.
- Wiggenweld Mastery 2 (Level 16)
- Wiggenweld Potion heals you even more.
- Revelio Mastery (Level 16)
- Increases Revelio’s total range.
- Spell Knowledge 3 (Level 16)
- Adds one more Spell Set.
- Protego Mastery (Level 22)
- Blocking spells with Perfect Protego releases a blast that breaks enemies’ shields.
- Stupefy Expertise (Level 22)
- Stupefy deals damage on impact with stunning.
These talents in Hogwarts Legacy improve your abilities in stealth mode. As revealed in the game, you can turn invisible and sneak up on your enemies. The upgrades will include the time you can stay invisible, movement speed while crouching, etc.
- Human Demiguise (Level 5)
- Allows you to Sprint while using the Disillusionment Charm.
- Sense of Secrecy 1 (Level 5)
- Enemies’ ability to detect you is reduced.
- Sense of Secrecy 2 (Level 16)
- Enemies’ ability to detect you is further reduced.
- Petrificus Totalus Mastery (Level 22)
- Using Petrificus Totalus impacts nearby enemies as well.
Dark Arts Talents
Hogwarts Legacy gives you the choice to become a Dark Wizard and these talents increase the effectiveness of Dark Spells. Moreover, they inflict curses, which further increases the damage.
- Disarming Curse (Level 5)
- Using Expelliarmus inflicts a curse along with disarming the enemy.
- Knockback Curse (Level 5)
- Using Flipendo inflicts a curse along with knocking the enemy.
- Blood Curse (Level 5)
- Dealing damage to the cursed target inflicts damage to all cursed enemies.
- Stunning Curse (Level 5)
- Using Stupefy inflicts a curse along with stunning the enemy.
- Crucio Mastery (Level 16)
- Using Crucio on a cursed target releases a projectile that curses the nearby enemy.
- Imperio Mastery (Level 16)
- Enemy cursed with Imperio curses other enemies with every strike.
- Slowing Curse (Level 16)
- Using Arresto Momentum inflicts a curse along with slowing down the enemy.
- Enduring Curse (Level 16)
- Increases the duration of the Cursed effect.
- Curse Sapper (Level 22)
- Eliminating a cursed enemy will restore some health.
- Avada Kedavra Mastery (Level 22)
- Killing an enemy with Avada Kedavra kills all cursed enemies.
Room of Requirement Talents
The Room of Requirement was an important part of the Harry Potter universe, and it continues to be in Hogwarts Legacy. According to the gameplay, you can brew potions in the Room of Requirement. So upgrading the talents in this category will affect your Hogwarts Legacy potion-making abilities.
- Invisibility Potion Potency (Level 5)
- The Invisibility Potion effect lasts longer.
- Fertiliser (Level 5)
- For each Chinese Chomping Cabbage thrown, a second Chomping Cabbage is generated and released at no cost.
- Edurus Potion Potency (Level 5)
- Edurus Potion will make you invulnerable and deflect enemy projectiles back.
- Maxima Potion Potency (Level 16)
- Maxima Potion will increase Attack damage and break enemy shields.
- Headache (Level 16)
- Damage and duration of Mandrakes are increased.
- Focus Potion Potency (Level 22)
- Focus Potion’s effect is increased.
- Noxious (Level 22)
- Venomous Tentacula deals more damage and breaks enemy shields.
- Thunderbrew Potency (Level 22)
- Thunderbrew Potion’s range and effect are greatly increased.
How to Upgrade Talents in Hogwarts Legacy
As you progress through the game, you’ll earn Talent Points. These are special currencies that you can earn by completing quests. Moreover, you can participate in a plethora of Side Quests to earn them.
That’s all from us on how the Talents System works in Hogwarts Legacy. For more helpful guides like How to Use Moonstones, make sure you check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides section.