Being one of the most popular Sandbox games, Minecraft offers players a plethora of options. May it be the freedom to craft anything or its famous game modes. Survival is one of the most popular game modes that allow players to explore the block world of Minecraft. If you are bored of playing in the Creative or Adventure Mode, there is a way you can switch to the Survival Mode. Wondering how? Check out this guide to know the steps to Switch to Survival Mode in Minecraft.
How to Switch to Survival Mode in Minecraft
Before creating a World, a player can usually start with the Survival Mode. Although, if you want to switch the game mode in between, here is how you can do so:
Change Game Mode
Here’s how to switch to Survival Mode in Minecraft:
- While in any of the game modes, press the pause button to show up Menu.
- From there, navigate and click on the Settings option.
- Wherein, click on Game under the World section.
- In the side menu, you can see a Personal Game Mode dropdown menu. Click on it and select the Survival Mode to get the job done.
Use Console Commands to Switch to Survival Mode in Minecraft
There are certain commands in Minecraft that helps you alter the game settings. One such command can help you switch to Survival Mode as well. Here’s how:
- Firstly, pause the game and select the Open To Lan option.
- Further, turn on the Cheats from there.
- Once done, click on Start LAN World for this to take effect.
- After that, open the Chat Box by using the following keys:
- In the Chat Box, enter the command /gamemode survival or to switch to Survival Mode in Minecraft.
You can also change the game mode for another player by entering the command /gamemode survival xyz in the chat box. Alternatively, you can also use the command /gamemode 0 to switch to Survival Mode.
- For your reference, here are some additional game mode commands:
- Switch to Creative Mode by entering the Command /gamemode creative or /gamemode 1
- Switch to Adventure Mode by entering the Command /gamemode adventure or /gamemode 2
- Switch to Spectator Mode by entering the Command /gamemode spectator (Only Available for Java Version)
That covers everything on how to switch to Survival Mode in Minecraft. While you are here, make sure to check out our other Minecraft Guides on Gamer Tweak.