Terraria is an action and adventure game that allows the players to test their creativity. Along with digging and crafting, there are multiple creatures in the game giving a tough competition. Also, there are various Hardmode bosses in this game that requires a good strategy and the guts to implement so that they can be destroyed. The Destroyer is one of the Hardmode bosses in Terraria that needs to be defeated for the game to progress. Here’s our detailed guide on how to summon and defeat the Destroyer in Terraria.
How to Summon the Destroyer in Terraria
This creature is like a mechanical and ultimate version of the Pre-Hardmode boss known as the Eater of Worlds. Although, here’s how to summon the Destroyer in Terraria:
- The Destroyer can randomly appear at night to attack you on your base. You’ll know about his appearance when you get the message “You feel vibrations from deep below…”
- Another way to summon it is by using a Mechanical Worm at night. 6x Rotten Chunk or 6x Vertebra, 5x Iron Bar or 5x Lead Bar, and 6x Soul of Night when crafted at a Mythril Anvil or Orichalcum Anvil crafting station makes a Mechanical Worm.
- Also, if the Destroyer is not defeated by the dawn, then he will disappear.
- That is how to summon the Destroyer.
Also Read | Best Set and Armor Progression in Terraria
How to Defeat the Destroyer
This creature has a humongous 80,000 health points which is the second highest in the game. Having a strategy and some precautionary measures before getting into a war always works. Meanwhile, here’s how you should prepare before getting into a fight with this giant worm:
- Get yourself ready for war by keeping these things in your arsenal:
- Armor – An Adamantite Armor is recommended before entering the battlefield with the Destroyer. The armor includes a set of Adamantite Breastplates that requires 24x Adamantite Bar. Also, it includes Adamantite Headgear that requires 12x Adamantite Bar, Adamantite Helmet requiring 12x Adamantite Bar, Adamantite Leggings for 18x Adamantite Bar, and Adamantite Mask that requires 12x Adamantite Bar.
- Weapon – The most important thing in your playbook, is a weapon, It is recommended to carry a Legendary Adamantite Sword and that requires 12x Adamantite Bars to craft. For ranged attacks, a Daedalus Stormbow is ideal with Holy, Unholy, or Jester’s arrow.
- Health Buff – Keep plenty of Health Potion in your inventory as you may run out of health several times. Also, you can set up Campfire and Heart Lanterns to regenerate health in between fights.
- Further, keep in mind that under any circumstances, you do not have to come beneath the Destroyer. It is possible to avoid close contact by building an arena high above in the air.
- In addition, one of the best strategies is to build a series of boxes to rest or take a break from the fight. Make sure to cover the bottom, left, and right sides of the box with a solid structure.
- On several occasions, the Destroyer will send its drones or creatures to attack. These drones sometimes drop hearts which is great for regaining health.
- Avoid getting close to Destroyer’s Head as it causes massive damage.
This is how to summon and defeat the Destroyer in Terraria. If you found this article helpful, then make sure to check out our other Terraria guides.