Valorant is the famous FPS game launched by Riot Games. As you compete in a 5v5 battle on different maps, you will have to win multiple rounds before glory. Valorant does add some difference to the traditional FPS genre which is one of the reasons behind its fanbase. While the game is entertaining in all terms, errors and issues are the only drawbacks for players. Although Riot has fixed many of them from time to time, they still do not cease to exist in their entirety. Recently players have been complaining that Valorant is stuck on the Riot Games screen or the loading screen and are looking to fix this issue. In this guide, we will show you how you can get rid of this error and solve it to enjoy the game.
How to Fix Valorant Stuck on Riot Games Screen
While it is frustrating to face errors when you want some game time, understanding the problem and getting past is quite important. Although sometimes errors can be fixed quite easily, other times they might prove troublesome. There might be multiple reasons behind your game getting stuck in the loading screen. However, a few potential fixes might work very well for you, as it did for others. Here’s how to fix Valorant Stuck on Riot Games Screen error.
Check for Windows Update
- Click on your Start Menu and then click on Settings.
- In the new window, you need to look for Update and Security.
- Now to update windows, click on the button that says Check For Updates.
- If there are updates pending, the display screen will show you the option to Update Windows.
If that did not fix the Valorant Stuck on Riot Games Screen, continue with other fixes.
Update Graphics Driver
- From the Search bar, look for Device Manager.
- Next, open the Device Manager and then double-click the Display Adapters option.
- After that, you will get the name of your Graphics Driver. Right-click on it and select the Update Driver option.
- You can also visit the following websites and update from there.
Hopefully, that is the fix you need for Valorant Stuck on Riot Games Screen.
Check your Internet Connection
Make sure that your internet connection is working properly. You can run a Speed test to confirm the same. Along with that, do make sure that there is no other download that is chewing up your Bandwidth. Also, do restart your modem and router to clear some unnecessary cache. Sometimes you might get stuck in the Riot Games screen in Valorant because of patchy Internet.
Play Valorant as Admin
- Right-click on the Valorant icon and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as administrator box and then click on the Ok button.
- We also recommend you do that with Riot Client Service application as well.
Add Valorant to Windows Defender Firewall
Your Windows Defender Firewall settings might be blocking the game and this might cause the Valorant Stuck on Riot Games Screen error. Here’s how you can add it to the Exception list:
- Open the Firewall & Network Protection from your Windows Security.
- Locate and click Allow an app through Firewall.
- Look for the Valorant files in the list.
- If you can’t find it, follow these steps –
- Click on Change Settings.
- Click on Add Another App.
- Browse for your Valorant Files and then Add the game to the Exception list.
- Once you add the game to the Exception list, it should not have any problem with Windows Defender.
This should fix the Valorant Stuck on Riot Games Screen error for you.
However, if it did not, you might have to uninstall and reinstall Valorant to get past the loading screen error. Additionally, there is no harm in contacting Riot Games Customer Support to get a better understanding of your problem.
That’s all there is on how to fix the Valorant Stuck on Riot Games Screen error. While you are here, make sure you check out our other Valorant guides at Gamer Tweak.