Overwatch is an online FPS multiplayer game by Blizzard Entertainment. But with Battle.net comes a wide range of errors and bugs. One of the most frustrating errors could be not being able to start the game itself. Many players are facing an issue that restricts them from entering the game. As players launch the game, they are stuck on the game screen for endless hours. But is there a fix for it? Yes, there is! So, here’s our guide on how to fix the Overwatch stuck on the Entering Game issue.
How to Fix Stuck on Entering Game Issue in Overwatch
As mentioned before, players are unable to start with their game while being stuck forever. Some players that were patient enough to wait for the loading screen to complete were prompted with yet another error.
Not to worry, here are some potential methods to fix this issue:
Check Server Status
- This error could be caused if Blizzard servers are down.
- So, before going through any of the methods, we suggest checking the servers of Blizzard.
- You can head to their official Customer support on Twitter (link) to check for updates.
- You can also check out our guide on how to check the server status for Overwatch.
Scan & Repair Game Files
- Launch the Battle.net launcher application and select Overwatch.
- Then, select the Options and choose the Scan and Repair option.
- It may take a while if there are issues in the game files.
Once the repair is complete, you can launch the game to check if the problem persists. If it does, you can try out the next potential method.
Check your Internet Connection
- Having an inconsistent internet connection can lead to such errors.
- So, make sure that you have a stable connection.
- We suggest using a wired connection rather than a wireless connection for a seamless experience.
- You can restart your modem and router to re-establish the connection.
Update your Graphics drivers
- Search for Device Manager on the Start button and launch it.
- You need to double click or expand the Display adapters option.
- Then, right-click on your graphics driver and select the Update driver option.
This will update your graphics driver to the latest version that supports the game.
- Instead of launching the Battle.net launcher, you need to launch the Overwatch.exe directly.
- You can either head to the file directory of Overwatch or launch the desktop shortcut.
- On the game screen, enter your Account name and Password.
- Hit the Login button once you have entered all the credentials.
- If none of the resorts seem to work out, you might need to reinstall the game.
- Firstly, you need to uninstall Overwatch completely. Then, install it again.
- This should hopefully resolve the issue. You can launch the game to check if the problem persists.
But if you are still stuck on the “Entering game” screen, you can head to Blizzard Support for more assistance.
That’s everything covered about Overwatch stuck on the Entering game issue. If you liked this guide, check out more guides on our dedicated section for Overwatch right here on Gamer Tweak.