The remakes of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are out and are called Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, where you get to revisit Sinnoh. In this guide you’ll learn how you can get Spiritomb in Pokemon BDSP, the elusive, ghost-type Pokemon in these games. Buckle up!
How to Get Spiritomb in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl (BDSP)
Spiritomb is a ghost type/ forbidden Pokemon that is quite elusive and frankly, very annoying to get. There are a lot of prerequisites that you must take care of before even thinking of catching this beast. In the lore, Spiritomb is attached to something known as the “Odd Keystone”, that’s exactly how it works in game too.
Let’s go on the journey to catch ourselves a Spiritomb. Follow these meticulous steps and you can get one, it’ll take time and patience so tread forward with that in mind.
- Progress through the story and beat Gym 2.
- Visit Hearthome City.
- After that, make your way to the Great Underground in Eterna City.
- Here you can find the “Odd Keystone” by digging up walls.
- By the off chance you don’t find one, you can get one, for free by just talking to the Black Belt NPC on Route 208.
- With the Odd Keystone in hand, make your way to Route 209and head towards Solaceon Town.
- On your way you’ll come across a structure called the Hallow Tower, go and interact with it.
- You’ll be prompted to use the Odd Keystone so do that.
- Go back to the Great Underground and while there, talk to 32 different players(trainers).
- To make things easier, developers have also added special NPCs in this area that can make your progress much easier.
- After you have spoken to 32 players or NPCs, return back to the Hallow Tower.
- If you met all these requirements, the tower will yell “Yulaaah!” and Spirtomb will appear.
- Fight it, beat it and then proceed to capture it!
There you go. If you follow all these tedious and annoying steps then Spiritomb will be yours. IS it worth it? I’ll let you decide. After all, you gotta catch ’em all right? The process of getting Spiritomb is pretty much the same as the original, although the devs have made it easier with the addition of NPCs in the Great Underground. Every single step has to be followed in order for the encounter to spawn and if you happen to mess this up somehow then you’ll have to repeat this process all over again.
That’s all about how to get Spiritomb in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl. If you like playing this game then be sure to check our other guides on how to unlock the Mystery Gift and how to get Mew or Jirachi in Pokemon BDSP.