Do you know what’s more annoying than a lag spike mid-game? An error that interrupts you from launching the game. Such is the error code 47 also known as SPAN that prevents players from launching Call Of Duty Warzone on their devices. While the COD warzone has several errors that cannot be resolved without a patch, the community has managed to solve these errors through some workarounds. So, here’s our guide on how to fix the error code 47 SPAN in COD Warzone.
How to Fix COD Warzone SPAN Error Code 47?
Mentioned below are some of the potential ways to solve the error code 47 in COD Warzone:
Some of the COD players resolved the issue by clearing out the cache data of their consoles. Not to worry as deleting the cached data doesn’t erase your game files or progress. Follow these steps to clear the cache:
- For PS4 and PS5:
- Turn off your console completely and then unplug all the wires including your power cord.
- Plug in all the wires back in and turn on the console.
- This process will clear out all the cache or temporary files on your console.
- For Xbox:
- Hit the Xbox button on your controller.
- Head over to your Profile and System.
- Select the Device and Connections option and go to Blu-Ray.
- Then, select the Persistent Storage option and click on Clear Persistent Storage.
This will erase all the cached data on your Xbox console.
Running your PS consoles on safe mode seems to solve the issue for a lot of Warzone players. As it reloads the missing and corrupted files, it might fix the SPAN error code 47. Follow these steps:
- Hold the power button on your console for three seconds to turn it off.
- You will notice a blink on the console before it shuts down.
- Then, as you press and hold the power button you will hear a beeping sound.
- Release the button after you hear a second beeping sound.
- Now, select the Rebuild Database option as you turn it back on.
Check for Updates
You might be encountering the SPAN error code 47 if your system is outdated. Follow these steps to check updates on your system:
- For Windows: Start button + I > Update and Security > Check for Updates option.
- Xbox: Home > All Settings > System > Updates option > Update Cosole option.
- PlayStation: Home Screen> System software update.
Reinstall COD Warzone
If none of the methods worked out for you, uninstall the COD Warzone and install it again as a last resort. This will hopefully solve the error code 47.
That’s all on how to fix the SPAN error code 47 in COD Warzone. If this guide helped you, make sure to check out more of our guides in the dedicated section for COD Warzone right here on Gamer Tweak.