If you are getting the Script Call Failed error in Sims 4, this guide will give you the fix you are looking for. Wondering what does script call failed mean? Well, this will most likely come up if you are using mods in the game which are unofficial. So, if your game crashes, check out more about it and how to solve it.
What does Script Call Failed Mean?
The reason why you are getting the Script Call Failed error is due to corrupt game files. It could also be due to any system settings or mods that are corrupt. When you get this issue, you will find that the furniture, doors or CC are not working. So if doors disappear or something else happens related to it, here’s what you need to do.
How to Fix Script Call Failed Error in Sims 4
There are a few things you can do to fix the Script Call Failed Sims 4 error.
- Repair the Game Files to solve the Script Call Failed error.
- Update mods to be compatible with the latest version.
Let’s take a look at these in detail.
Repairing Game Files
To repair your Sims 4 game files, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Origin Client.
- Choose My Game Library.
- Right click on Sims 4.
- Click on Repair.
- Start the game again.
This should hopefully solve the issue you are facing. Since the main problem is with game files (if you are not using mods) this solution should work for you. But if you use mods, check out the second solution given below.
Updating your Mods to make them Compatible
- First, make sure to keep a back up of your save files. This will help you restore them just in case something goes wrong.
- Then update your mods to the version that’s the latest and is compatible with the newest expansion. Basically, when Sims 4 updates, the game engine gets major updates and that’s how the compatibility issues crop up.
- If you feel like a mod is broken, you could disable it by removing it from the mods folder. This may need to be done if the mod has not received any updates or patches that will be functional with the latest version.
Players who use multiple mods and are not sure which one is causing the issue may have to remove them one by one and test if they are getting the bug again.
So, that’s all there is to know and do to fix Script Call Failed Sims 4 error/bug that affects furniture, doors etc. For more Sims 4 Guides, check out our tips and tricks on Gamer Tweak.