The Diablo series is famous for its randomly generated dungeons and D2R is no stranger to this mechanism. When traversing the Sanctuary you will come across many Wells and other unique structures known as Shrines. While learning about your weapons and skills is easy and just one right-click away. But, Shrines don’t work the same way. So in this guide let’s check what do shrines do in Diablo 2 Resurrected.
What are Shrines in D2R?
Shrines are nothing but some magical architecture you can find spawned at random places throughout the game. These can be found anywhere except the boss areas and town hubs. They can be helpful to your player as they will give you some buff that lasts for a certain amount of time. The Wells with mysterious liquids work the same way as shrines do.
You can hover your pointer above a Shrine to understand what type of Shrine it is, and to activate it you can simply click on them. So now let us check what shrines do in Diablo 2 resurrected.
How Shrines and Wells Work in Diablo 2 Resurrected?
There are different types of Shrines and each of them gives a different kind of buff or a curse. Below is the list of each Shrine type and what they do.
- Mana Recharge: Gives you a +400% mana recharge rate that lasts for 96 seconds. It takes 5 minutes for this to recharge.
- Armor: Gives you a +100% defense that lasts for 96 seconds. Recharges in 5 minutes.
- Combat: Gives you a +200% attack rating and min & max damage that lasts for 96 seconds. It will recharge in 5 minutes.
- Resist Fire: Gives you +75% fire resistance for 144 seconds. It recharges in 5 minutes.
- Skill: You get +2 to all skill levels for 96 seconds. It will recharge in 5 minutes.
- Resist Cold: Gives you +75% cold resistance for 144 seconds. It recharges in 5 minutes.
- Stamina: You get Unlimited Stamina for 192 seconds. It will recharge in 5 minutes.
- Resist Lightning: Gives you + 75% lightning resistance for 144 seconds. This will recharge in 5 minutes.
- Experience: It Will give you 50% more experience for every kill you get. This effect lasts for 144 seconds.
- Resist Poison: You get +75% poison resistance for 144 seconds. This shrine will recharge in 5 minutes.
- Refilling: Refills your Mana and Health completely. It will recharge in 2 minutes.
- Health: Refills your Health completely. It will recharge in 2 minutes.
- Mana: Refills your Mana completely. It will recharge in 2 minutes.
- Portal: A portal to the town opens for your current Act. And you can pass through this portal any number of times.
- Fire: A fireball shower occurs affecting all the players and monsters in the area. If any monster or player gets hit by it they lose half their HP.
- Explosive: 5 exploding potions are tossed in all directions and the player receives 5-10 exploding potions.
- Poison: Surrounds the shrine in a ring of Poison, and the player receives 5-10 Choking gas potions.
- Monster: Any monster that is closest to this shrine will transform into a Champion or Unique Monster.
- Gem: You receive a gem in your inventory if you have none, else it upgrades any single gem or skull from your inventory.
That’s all for this guide for Shrines and Wells in D2R. If you like playing this game, then be sure to check out our other guide on how resistances work in Diablo 2 Resurrected.