Shield Surf Guide For Zelda TOTK
Who says shields are only for blocking attacks? Our hero, Link, can also use Shields for surfing across the overworld in Zelda TOTK. This movement ability is available to you from the beginning. Performing Shield Surfing is fun if you do it at the right place. Not only can you surf around but you also perform some extra movement tricks with the Fusing ability. Here’s how to do Shield Surfing and other activities in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.
How to Do Shield Surf in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK)
Press and hold the’ ZL’ button to do Shield Surfing in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. After that, press ‘X’ to jump and ‘A’ to land on Shield to start surfing. You can make the most of it by surfing on a slope or traveling down a hill.
However, keep in mind that your Shield will take damage while you are surfing. So, be mindful and do less surfing if you are heading toward a boss fight or something.
How to Fuse Shield & Make a Skateboard in TOTK
You can Fuse several items to make a perfect skateboard out of a Shield in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. Here are a few items you can add to your Shield through Fusing ability.
- Shield + Mining Cart
- Fusing your Shield with a Mining Cart from a Sky Island will add wheels to it. You can then use it as a Skateboard and travel around with style.
- Shield + Sled (Zonai Device)
- You can use a Zonai Device and Fuse it with a Shield to travel quickly, even on flat surfaces.
- Shield + Zonai Spring or Time Bomb
- Fusing Zonai Spring or Time Bomb with your Shield will make Link bounce in the air. The Shield will launch you in the air as soon as it touches the ground.
Now that you know how to perform Shield Surfing in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, travel in style! Also, make sure to know about the Fusing Ability in detail through our guide.