Final Fantasy XIV is an MMORPG that revolves around the fictional world of Eorza. As it is an online multiplayer, you can search and invite your friends. Several player characters wander around the open world. And searching for them can be a tricky part. So, here’s our guide on how to search for a player and characters in FFXIV.
How to Search a Player and Characters in FFXIV
There are two ways to search for the players and characters.
Let’s get on to finding the different players or friends first. Follow these steps:
- Head over to the main menu of Final Fantasy XIV and click on the Social List option to the bottom right.
- It is the icon with a smiling and frown emoji on it. As you click on it, select the Player Search option at the top.
- You need to click on the Player Search tab and select the Search conditions option at the bottom left.
- Type the name of the friend or player you want to add in the Name dialog box.
- You can type their first name or last name to search for them.
- We suggest not tweaking other search conditions as it may lead to confusion.
- That’s because the player might have changed their Class/Job or Grand companies.
- After typing their name, hit the Execute option to search the player.
- Then, you can find their name on the Social list.
- Right-click on the username to invite them to a party or send them a friend request.
Now, that we know how to search players, let’s search the non-player characters (NPCs) in Eorza.
For this method, we need to head to the Lodestone website.
Lodestone Player Search (NPCs)
Follow these steps to search different non-player characters scattered around Eorza:
- Head over to the Lodestone website (link) for FFXIV.
- You need to hover at the Community tab at the top.
- As you hover over the tab, select the Character search option.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon to search for the wandering NPCs.
- You need to type the name of the player character in the “Enter character name” dialog box.
- Similar to searching players, you can filter their Data Center/Homeworld, Class/Job, & Race/Clan.
- But we suggest again avoiding the filters and typing the character’s name.
- Once you are all set, hit the Search option to find the character’s location.
- You can then find out their City-State to locate them.
That’s everything covered about the player search in FFXIV. If you liked this guide, check out our more FFXIV guides right here on Gamer Tweak.