Roblox is getting bigger with the addition of new games daily into the platform. So are the lag and ping issues in many of the multiplayer games. There will be times the frames drop so low or data gets slow the game becomes unplayable. There are many different ways to fix this. But understanding why the lag is happening is a must to solve the issue. So here’s how to reduce and decrease Ping & Lag in Roblox.
Why Is My Ping So High In Roblox?
There many reasons you may be facing lag due to increased ping spike, or even hardware limitations. Let’s look at different types of lags to find a solution for this.
What Are Different Types of Roblox Lag Reasons?
In Roblox, lag occurs when a game stutters or slows down, giving the impression that players are distorting around the screen. It’s usually an indication of a sluggish device or internet. There are three main types of lag:
To increase the gameplay, try lowering the graphical quality. Check to see if any other high-power applications are running on your device. If that’s the case, close any unnecessary apps to ensure they’re not using device resources that Roblox can need to function properly. If you’re still experiencing lag after this, you might need to update your system or play Roblox on a more capable machine. Here’s how to update hardware and fix system lag:
- At least 1 GB of RAM is recommended by Roblox. It’s fairly simple to add RAM chips until you’ve determined which kind your machine needs. All you have to do now is open your computer and position them where they belong on the motherboard.
- Your graphics card should be an AMD Radeon R7 240 with a 2GB GPU or higher, according to Roblox. You may need to update your computer hardware if you have a personal computer that is more than 5 years old or a laptop that is more than 3 years old. You should mount a new graphics card yourself or have it installed by a tech specialist.
- A computer processor with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or higher that is no older than 2005 is recommended by Roblox. You can either mount a new processor yourself or contract a computer technician to do it for you.
Network Lag causes High Ping in Roblox
If the internet access to Roblox is poor or unreliable, this kind of lag happens. Other players may scurry about the map, or in-game activities may take an unusually long time to complete. Here’s how to fix this:
- As Roblox is a multiplayer online gaming platform, it will ruin your game if you have a bad internet connection. This high spiking ping in games like Arsenal will make it unplayable. If your internet service is sluggish, unplug and re-plug your modem or router to restart it. Then wait for it to reset for a few minutes.
- Close all other programs that are running in the background when you play Roblox. Turn off all other machines attached to your networks, such as smartphones, laptops, video game consoles, or video streaming devices.
- If you’re connected to the internet wirelessly, a wired network would have a more secure connection. Connect an Ethernet cable to one of your modem’s or router’s LAN ports, as well as an ethernet socket on your desktop or laptop device.
- If your modem or router is older than three years, you should consider upgrading it. Faster internet speeds are supported by some modems and routers.
- If your internet speeds are still slow, you can call your internet service provider to see if they have a quicker internet plan. It’s possible that you can switch to a faster internet service.
When it comes to Roblox, if your system isn’t strong enough, you’ll see stuttering and choppy gameplay. Here’s how to lower graphics in Roblox:
- Press Esc.
- Alternatively, press the button in the upper-left corner of the panel with three horizontal bars. This brings up the menu.
- Select the Settings option. At the top of the list, it’s the second column. This brings up the Options menu.
- Select “Manual” as the Graphics Mode. Toggle between “Automatic” and “Manual” graphics modes by clicking the arrows next to “Graphics Mode“. Roblox optimizes the graphics output for your device when Graphics Mode is set to “Automatic”. You can control the graphics output by setting it to “Manual”.
- Reduce the quality of the graphics. Click the Minus sign next to “Graphics Quality” in the “Settings” menu to lower the graphics quality setting. The graphical output is reduced by one bar as a result of this. When there is just one blue bar, the graphics output is the lowest.
Other Ways to Lower High Ping in Roblox?
You can try deleting the texture files from your computer to make Roblox run faster. The game can work a little better without the textures. Some artifacts, on the other hand, can appear bland. Textures are usually recommended because they make it look more natural and fascinating. Please keep in mind that removing texture is irreversible and permanent. So that said, here’s how to delete them:
- From the Windows taskbar, select the Windows Start menu tab.
- Search for the Run app by typing in “Run“.
- When you look for “Run” in the Windows Start menu, you’ll find it at the end. It has a symbol that looks like a blue rectangle inside a rectangle.
- In the Run app, type %appdata% and click Enter. Inside Windows Explorer, this opens the Appdata/roaming folder. In the Windows Explorer address bar, it’s hidden behind “Roaming.” This returns you to the “AppData” folder in Windows Explorer, one folder down. Three directories should appear: “Local,” “LocalLow,” and “Roaming.”
- Open the Local directory. It’s the first folder in the AppData folder at the end. To open it, double-click it.
- Go to the Roblox folder and open it. The folders are arranged alphabetically. To open the Roblox archive, find it and double-click it.
- Go to the Versions folder and open it. To open the “Versions” archive, find it and double-click it.
Select the folder containing the most recent edition.
- The file is labeled “Version-” and has a version number at the top.
- Double-click the “PlatformContent” folder once you’ve found it.
- To begin, open the PC folder. Double-click the PC folder to open it until you’ve found it.
- Open the textures folder of your computer. It’s the PC folder’s final folder.
- Remove all folders from the system. There are some files in the “textures” section. It also includes the directories “studs” and “wangIndex“.
- The directories “Studs” and “wangIndex” should not be deleted. To pick all of the other folders, hold down Ctrl and click them. Then, to delete the files, click Delete.
- To clean it from the recycle bin, right-click it and choose the Empty recycling bin.
Manually Flush the DNS
Cached data build-ups will slow down your Internet service, and flushing your DNS is a simple way to get rid of them. After successfully executing the last instruction, make sure to restart your computer. This is how you do it:
On your Windows 10 PC, open an elevated CMD prompt.
In the CMD, type the following commands in this order:
- First type “ipconfig /flushdns”
- Then “ipconfig /registerdns:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
That’s all you need to know about fixing high ping and lag issues in Roblox. Once it is fixed, simply head over to our Roblox Game Codes list and redeem codes for your favorite Roblox Games.