Pokemon Scarlet and Violet have a feature of replacing or relearning a move, which can change the course of the battle by having the correct moveset for your Pokemon. It is way easier than you think in the game. If you are curious about relearning a forgotten move, then read this article till the end.
How to Relearn a Move in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
To relearn a move, first, go through your Pokémon summary. Where you will find the ‘Change Moves’ option. This Change moves option becomes available once your Pokemon learns at least 5 moves. Follow these steps to relearn a move easily:
- Open the menu by pressing ‘X’
- Select the desired Pokémon by pressing ‘A’
- Select the ‘Check Summary’ option by pressing the d-pad to open the Moves and Stats page.
- Press ‘A’ on ‘Remember moves’ which would be one of the four options on your screen.
- After this, a new window will open with a list of all the moves and abilities of your Pokemon.
- Select the desired move you want your Pokemon to relearn and select anyone current move that you want to replace.
- The move is relearned.
How to Forget a Move
- To Forget a move just follow the above steps to reach the moves and stats page and select ‘Forget a move’ instead of ‘Remember moves’. Then you need to select a move that you want to forget From the list of moves your Pokemon has and your pokemon will forget the selected move.
- One should note that forgetting a move will delete the move from the moveset instead of replacing it, hence forgetting a move should be used, carefully.
- Forget and relearn a move, are two useful tools in the Pokémon Scarlet and Violet game. They help the trainer to adjust the moveset of their Pokémon by making the moveset more combating and increasing the victory chances of a battle.
There is also an additional tool known as TM. You can use TM to make your Pokémon learn new moves. TM machine makes the effort of learning new moves easy.
That’s all you need to know about relearning a move. Also, check out our article on how to duplicate shinies in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.