Blizzard Entertainment has released the highly anticipated sequel of Overwatch. While players are still exploring Overwatch 2, they are excited about the return of the first-person hero shooter. Many fans are even wondering what new abilities they can look forwards to on their favorite hero characters. This guide is for those who love playing the Tank class character, Reinhardt. We will show you all the abilities and provide the tips and tricks that you need with Reinhardt in Overwatch 2. So let’s check out this guide and get a grip on Reinhardt.
How To Play Reinhardt In Overwatch 2
Reinhardt is one of the best protective Tank classes when it comes to Overwatch. While in the prequel, Reinhardt heavily depended on his Barrier Shield. Although it was a great protective playstyle, it made Reinhardt very defensive. However, with the release of the sequel, there have been upgrades in the characters and that includes Reinhardt too.
As mentioned earlier, Reinhardt has had a huge upgrade from being a defensive Tank to having some moves of his own. Earlier, using Reinhardt meant that the attacks would come from the other four. Although the upgrades are not that huge, you can now use Reinhardt to deal some valuable blows on your opponents.
With his Charge attack and Earthshatter, you can deal good damage. However, they are a great way to serve enemies to the attackers in your team. Even though Reinhardt has gained attacking features in Overwatch 2, best to use his Barrier Field while playing with a team. Also, he is not invulnerable and some heroes may cause his downfall and players must be aware of that.
Additionally, with the Rocket Hammer you can have a good fight when in close melee combat and that will be a huge damage dealer. Apart from that, Reinhardt will be a great team player and you can even build your team around him. While he provides the defense, the rest of the team can lead the attack to demolish opponents.
All Abilities for Reinhardt
Abilities are what sets the hero characters apart and knowing the abilities of your character is absolutely important. Here are all the abilities for Reinhardt in Overwatch 2:
- Charge – Charge is a great way to dash away from your opponents when low on health. Apart from that, the best way to use this is to pin your opponent to the wall and deal high damage.
- Barrier Field – Barrier Field provides a 1200-point defensive shield for you and your team. This allows other members of your team to stay behind you and deal damage to your opponents.
- Rocket Hammer – Rocket Hammer is a great melee weapon that players can use to deal heavy damage. Apart from simple melee swings, Rocket Hammer provides a wider arc for the swing.
- Fire Strike – Fire Strike is a great way to deal some damage. It is a fire projectile that will strike opponents in its path.
- Earthshatter – Earthshatter is the Ultimate Ability for Reinhardt in Overwatch 2. It is a great way to stun and damage your opponents.
That’s all there is from this Reinhardt guide in Overwatch 2. While you are here, do check out our other Overwatch 2 guides at Gamer Tweak.