Xbox Gift Cards are intended to purchase credit for someone’s account without them having to provide their credit card information. Users may find it much easier to buy these cards as gifts as a result of this. So if you are someone who recently got one, then here’s how to redeem & activate the Xbox gift card code.
How to Redeem Xbox Gift Card (Activate Code)
Here’s how to redeem & activate Xbox gift card codes:
- Log in to your Xbox 360, One, Series X, or S
- Open “My Games & Apps”
- Go to “Apps”
- Launch “Microsoft Store”
- Now on your controller, hit the “View” button
- A bit down on the list you will find “Redeem”
- Type the 25-character code into the box
- Ignore the hyphens while typing in the code
- The software will handle them automatically
- Complete the next on-screen instructions
- Your gift card will be redeemed now
- You can also go to the official Microsoft redeem page
- This is useful to redeem directly from your PC or mobile phone
- On Xbox 360, open “Games & Apps”
- Click on “Redeem Code”
- Enter the gift card code now
Why I Can’t Redeem Xbox Gift Card Code?
Make sure to verify you’re logged in to the Microsoft profile you’d like to use the card. Once you redeem the code in an Xbox account, you will not be able to transfer it to another. If the card was bought using your account as a gift for someone else, be sure you sign in with the profile of that player. Or you can simply give them the code or card directly instead of redeeming it directly for them.
If you have bought the codes with the gift option, and trying to redeem for your own account, then make sure your Xbox profile is not blocked and there are no outstanding credit payments pending. If so, then go to your profile’s “Services & subscription” option and settle any temporary bans or outstanding amounts.
That’s everything you need to know about how to redeem & activate the Xbox gift card code. While you are here make sure to check out our Video Games Guides for interesting topics on all the latest popular games.