In this guide we have not only covered the Cougar location in Red Dead Redemption (RDR) 2, but also how to get a Perfect Cougar Pelt. For the unversed, The Cougar is a large animal in RDR 2, which you can only find mostly in Southwest New Austin. There are large amount of Cougar seems to exist withing Black Bone Forest. You are required to have to a Perfect Cougar Pelt for part of the Legend of the East Satchel. RDR 2 Best Horse Location Free
The Cougar is also referred to a puma or mountain lion, is said to be the second biggest cat located in North America. The Cougar does not roar like the actual big cats. Instead, the large feline purrs similar to domestic cat. They have slender bodies and are hardly to locate owing to their low stance and color that acts as camouflage, and the fact that they are silent when running or stalking.
Mostly, the Cougar does not have any natural enemies and sits on the top of the food chain. However, they occasionally compete with other predators including bears and wolves for food.
“Cougars are native to the states of New Austin, West Elizabeth, and remote forested sections of New Hanover. As carnivores, they prey on deer, elk, moose, and mountain goats. The easiest way to take down a cougar of this size is by either using a Bow with Poison Arrows or a rifle. Their fangs can be used for crafting and their meat can be used as food.”
Red Dead Redemption (RDR 2) Cougar Locations
Talking about the Cougar location in RDR 2, you can find Cougar in plains just South of Benedict point, which is south of Tumbleweed in the west half of the game’s map. You can have a look at the original map of the Red Dead Redemption 2.
As we have mentioned above that players can also find Cougar in west of Black Bone Forest, which is north of Owanjila Lake. You can also find RDR 2 Cougar locations in the following locations.
- Big Valley
- Black Bone Forest
- Lemoyne (southern Scarlett Meadows)
- Great Plains (northwestern)
- New Hanover (Roanoke Ridge)
- Cholla Springs (northwest-central)
- Gaptooth Ridge
- Rathskeller Fork (south of)
- Rio Bravo
- Between Benedict Point and Plainview
How Kill the Cougar in Red Dead 2 for a Perfect Cougar Pelt
In order to get Perfect Pelt in Red Dead Redemption 2, you will have to locate Cougar and use the perfect weapons to eliminate it. You should know that Cougars like to hunt alone. You may find them sunning on a rock or crouched low in the brush. Keep a close watch, as their coat lets them to blend into the arid landscape. You can get a clean, perfect kill with a rifle with any ammo, besides explosives or the Bow with poison arrows.
If you looking for ways to hunt Cougar for the Master Hunter Challenge 6, you are required to use a Bow with Poison Arrows. In order to craft Bow with Poison Arrows, you will need an Arrow, an Oleander Sage, and a Flight Feather. When you finally manage to kill a Cougar in RDR 2 successfully, leave the area and camp out for a day or so allowing the hunter cat to respond.
If you are not pro in hunting Cougar or have not killed much earlier, be sure to know some of the best Hunting Tips and Strategy or how to get a perfect pelt.
When you manage to kill a pristine Cougar in RDR 2, you will be rewarded a Perfect Cougar Pelt, a Cougar Fang, and and big game meat.
Best Hunting Tips and Tricks
- You can craft a Cougar’s Paw Trinket at the Fence Shop using its materials and cook the Big Game meal from hunting it.
- The easiest way to take down a cougar of this size is by either using a Bow with Poison Arrows or a rifle.
- Their fangs can be used for crafting and their meat can be used as food.
- At the trapper, with the perfect pelt of a cougar, players can craft a Cougar Cutaway Coat, Rustic Vest and Cougar McClelland Saddle.
- Due to its speed and ability to kill players instantly, Keeping the weapons drawn and have the Dead Eye bar filled up when hunting cougars in RDR 2 are highly recommended.
Best Weapons and Ammo for a Perfect Cougar Pelt
- A Rifle with any ammo, besides explosive
- Bow with Poison Arrows
Perfect Cougar Pelt Uses
You can use the Perfect Cougar Pelt along with a Perfect Deer Pelt and a Perfect Wolf Pelt to construct the Legend of the East Satchel, a Camp Upgrade.