Encountering the PS5 controller not charging in rest mode issue? Don’t fret as you are not alone. This issue was encountered by several players when they connected their DualSense controller to their console in rest mode. Due to this issue, PS5 players are unable to charge their controllers fully. Not to worry, as our guide below covers all the fixes or workarounds to get your PS5 controller charged fully in rest mode.
Fix DualSense PS5 Controller Not Charging in Rest Mode
Fortunately, PlayStation’s new system update firmware 20.02-02.26.00 resolves the PS5 controller not charging in rest mode issue. Previously, an issue prevented the wireless Dualsense PS5 controller from being charged in rest mode when connected to PS5’s front USB Type-A port. But thanks to this firmware update, players can charge their PS5 controllers by connecting the USB Cable to the front USB port. So, we recommend PS5 players install any pending updates, if you haven’t already, and update PS5 to its latest version to resolve this issue.
However, some players are reportedly facing PS5 controller issues even after installing the firmware update. So, here are some workarounds to resolve the Dualsense not charging in rest mode issue:
- Charge the DualSense PS5 controller using your console’s rear USB port (located on the back).
- Use another Type–A to Type–C USB cable (in case the issue resides with your cable).
- You can also use a Type–C to Type–C USB cable.
- Check your PS5 Power Saving Settings:
- For that, head to Settings on the home screen > System > Power Saving > Features Available in Rest mode option.
- Over there, toggle the Supply Power to USB Ports option to “Always” or select a 3 hours option. You can refer to the image above.
- Use a compatible Power adapter to charge your Controller.
- Lastly, try using a compatible standalone charger for your Dualsense PS5 controller. But make sure it is USB compliant since not all of them are capable to charge the controllers.
If none of the above workarounds seem to resolve this issue, you can buy or use the DualSense Charing Station. These accessories allow players to charge up to 2 PS5 controllers without plugging them into their console.
But that being said, is it worth buying? Scroll till the end to find out.
Is PS5 Dualsense Charging Station Worth It?
The answer to that question is Yes. The PS5 Dualsense Charging station is worth having due to its battery protection. That means, once your controllers are charged, the Charging Stations stop charging anymore. This makes it safer to use the PS5 charging station and recharge your controllers. It also features the plug-and-play function that requires no additional setup. As shared by several PS5 players, the DualSense Charging station also adds a touch to your gaming setup.
In my opinion, it is a great investment for PS5 players that never want their controllers to be drained out. Nevertheless, if you don’t want to spend your money, we suggest trying out the above workarounds to fix the charging issues for the PS5 controller.
That’s everything covered about how to fix the PS5 Controller not charging in the rest mode. If this guide helped you out, check out our guides on how to fix Party Chat not working, PSN Store not working, Restore Licenses not working, and more helpful Video Gaming Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.