You can increase your storage capacity by finding out how to clear the cache on your PS5. Doing so will allow you to get a higher storage quantity while also giving you a noticeable boost in operating speed. So, find out how to clear your cache on your PlayStation 5 Console.
How to clear the cache on PlayStation 5 (PS5)?
- To clear the cache turn off the PlayStation 5 console.
- Hold down the PS5 button and click on Power options.
- Choose the ‘Turn Off PS5’ button.
- Wait for a couple of minutes at the very least and then take out the power chord from the back.
- After this wait for some more time and then reconnect the power cord.
- Now while restarting the console just hold down the PS5 button.
- Let the console restart normally and you will find that the cache must have been cleaned up.
This technique is known as a hard reset. What this does is force the console to delete all the temporary files. Cache files usually are leftover residual files by each game. These have no purpose and are extra content that has been discarded by the game itself. As of now, the console doesn’t have any manual setting by which you can clear and delete your cache files on the PS5.
Such files take up unnecessary space and also cause the console to slow down quite drastically. It stops you from downloading more games on your console. And since it is just the cache files being deleted you have no reason to worry about any of your progress going away.
This is everything you need to know about how to clear the cache on PlayStation 5 (PS5). Now that you are here make sure you have a look at some of our Video Game guides for PlayStation 5 console games.