With the new updates of Call of Duty Warzone, unfortunately, the game keeps on crashing repeatedly. COD players from Reddit and other communities have confirmed this crash to be happening in PS4 and PS5 prominently. The game developers involved informed players on the Trello Board that they are aware of the issue and looking for a way to solve this problem. There’s a temporary potential fix meanwhile posted by the developers to help you play the game smoothly. Here’s how to fix the COD Warzone crashing issues on PS4 and PS5.
Call of Duty Warzone Keeps Crashing on PS4 & PS5 Fix
Here are some of the potential fixes we will discuss in this guide:
- Disable on-demand texture streaming
- Changing Resolution & FPS
- Reinstalling COD Warzone
Disable on-demand Texture Streaming to fix Warzone crashes on PS4, PS5
Here’s how to disable texture streaming in the COD warzone.
- Head to options and choose Graphics.
- Navigate through Details and texture, Toggle disable for On-demand texture streaming.
- Select Confirm and reboot the game to check if the game is running smoothly or not.
If this method does not work for you, there is another potential fix for the repeated crashes.
Changing Resolution & FPS
Most of the players that reported this crashing problem were playing the game at 4k at 120Hz. If you are facing this problem after disabling the on-demand texture try lowering your resolution and FPS to 1080p at 60Hz. Follow these steps:
- Go to your PlayStation Settings.
- Select Sound and screen.
- Go to Video output settings.
- Toggle the resolution of 1080p and confirm.
Reinstalling COD Warzone
- Head to Home and select Library.
- Find and select COD Warzone.
- Press down the Options button on your controller.
- Choose Delete and confirm by selecting OK.
- Re-install the game and check whether the game is running smoothly without crashes or not.
If all these methods didn’t work out for you, we suggest you wait for the game developers to release a patch and resolve all the issues in COD Warzone.
While you’re here, make sure to check our other COD Warzone guides and walkthroughs right here on Gamer Tweak.