Recently, every Pokemon Showdown player expressed their disappointment as the game was not working at all. This is acceptable as it is a browser game and hence, vulnerable to server crashes. There may be several reasons for it to happen, from your side or from developer’s side itself. So, what actually is causing this issue? What can be done to get it fixed? Here’s everything you should know about it.
Why is Pokemon Showdown Not Working? (Possible Fixes)
As informed by the developers themselves, the main server of Pokemon Showdown has crashed miserably. So, they need to buy and replace it with a new one. Sadly, doing so will take some time (probably some days) as the developers need to make sure that all the data is being transferred safely. However, if you still wish to try troubleshooting this error, then here are some workaround solutions for you.
Unfortunately our main server is down and needs to be replaced. PS will probably be down for a few days but we will be trying to get everything sorted as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime and we apologise for any inconvenience.https://t.co/6YTPlN6UQ0
— Pokémon Showdown (@PokemonShowdown) May 7, 2023
First things first, if your Pokemon Showdown stopped working all of a sudden (other than this server crash issue), try refreshing the website. You can do it by simply pressing CTRL + F5 on Windows or Command + Shift + R on Mac.
Clear Browser Cache
For many players, deleting temporary cache files solved the issue where Pokemon Showdown was not working. So, to clear Cache from your respective internet browser, follow these steps:
- On Mozilla Firefox & Chrome
- Click on the 3 dots on the top right.
- Further, click on the Settings option.
- From there, navigate to Privacy and Security > Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, select Cached Files from the Advanced tab and click on Clear Data to get the job done.
- On Microsoft Edge
- Click on the 3 dots icon on the top right.
- In the Setting option, select the Privacy, Search, and Services tab.
- Now, under the Clear Browsing Data section, select Cached Files from Choose What to clear the drop-down menu.
- Once selected, click on Clear Now.
Check Server Status
Thankfully, you can use a website known as Isitdownrightnow? to know if the Pokemon Showdown Servers are working. This website will also let you know about recent server hindrances.
That’s everything from our side on fixes to solve the issue where Pokemon Showdown is not working. If you are a fan of Pokemon Games, then you should definitely check out our Pokemon Scarlet Violet section.