TF2 or Team Fortress 2 is one of Valve’s classic first-person shooter games. The game holds multiple maps that can be played via the single-player or multiplayer experience in the game. Along with that, it also has quite a lot of game modes that players like. While you can join multiple servers or go through different game modes, you will face actual players. Thus there is a question among players as to how to add and play with Bots in Team Fortress 2. Although you can play with bots in Training, that does not allow you to access every map. If you want to play with bots on all maps, this guide has all you need.
How to Add & Play with Bots in Team Fortress 2
There are a few things that you will have to do in order to Add and Play with Bots in TF2. Along with this, it is also important that bots perform actions like players and are not inactive in one place. The following steps will help you get active bots in TF2:
- First off, you need to start by creating a server. You cannot add bots to someone else’s server. Click on the plus sign near servers in the main window.
- Next, you will have to select the map that you want to play in.
- Once the main screen loads, open the Developer Console and type in the following commands.
- sv_cheats 1
- This will enable the game to create different weaponry and locations for the Bots to perform as players. This will take a few mins so be patient.
- As the game reloads and you come back to the main screen, open the Developer Console and type in the following commands.
- tf_bot_quota_mode fill
- tf_bot_quota ## (## is the number of bots that you want on the server)
- sv_cheats 0
- Lastly, select your team and enjoy the match with bots in it.
That’s all on how to add and play with bots in Team Fortress 2. While you are here, make sure you check out other Team Fortress 2 guides, tips, and tricks with Gamer Tweak.