Splatoon 3 is a Third-Person Shooter game created by Nintendo. In the Competitive Multiplayer game mode, Turf Wars, all players duke it out while wielding a Weapon. But Turf Wars are not the only game mode you can compete in. In this game, you can play a game mode called Tableturf Battle. It is a 1v1 card game that has debuted in Splatoon 3. It is not like your average card game and requires a strategy to outsmart your enemies. In this guide, I will show you how to Play Tableturf Battle in Splatoon 3 & bets Tips for table Turf.
How to Play Tableturf Battle in Splatoon 3
To be able to play the Tableturf Battle in Splatoon 3, you must find the Tableturf Battle Dojo. It is located in an Alleyway far from Spawn. To get there, you will need to take a left as you exit the Lobby. From there, go straight till you see a slope going up on the left. Take it and follow it up the slope. After climbing up, take a left, and that’s the Table Turf Battle’s area. Talk to the Staff there to begin your Table Turf Battles. Talking to the Staff will give you a Starter Deck. After getting your Starter Deck, here is how you can play Tableturf Battle in Splatoon 3:
- Out of the 15 Cards you get, you will get 4 as a starting hand.
- Each card has a number attached to it indicating the number of tiles it can cover.
- Both Players play at the same time in a 12 Turns game.
- You must choose one of your cards and place them near areas that are adjacent to your Tiles.
- You cannot overlap Tiles nor place them far away from your area.
- The Orange Tiles in your Cards are Special Points.
- To activate them, you will need to surround them with your Tiles, the opponent’s Tiles, or the Walls.
- Once it gets surrounded, it will get ignited & you will get a Special Point.
- When you get enough Special Points, you can On the Special Cards and then place them adjacent to any of your Special Tiles.
- These Special Cards will override the Opponent’s Tiles if they are in the Card reach.
- If Both the Players are contesting for the same area then the Player who used a Card with the smaller number will override the larger Card. The larger Card will get placed first and then the smaller Card will get placed, overriding the larger Card’s Tiles.
- If you cannot place a Card then you can Pass your Turn.
- The player with the most Tiles covered wins the game.
This is how you can play Tableturf Battle in Splatoon 3. If you want some more help then check out the Tips & Tricks below.
Tips & Tricks of Tableturf Battles
Here are some Tips & Tricks that will help you in dominating the Table Turf Battle competition in Splatoon 3.
- The player with the most Tiles covered wins the game. As such, restricting the other player from getting to your side is important.
- Likewise, you should have to get on the other player’s side and take as much area as possible.
- The Special tile is only activated once all 8 tiles are surrounded by Tiles or Walls. Place your Pieces such that you can activate as many as you can.
- Whenever you are going to contest an area with your opponent, make sure to use a Card with a lower number on it. This will override your Enemy Tiles.
- Grab Middle as soon as you can.
- Surround the First Special Tile with another Special Tile if possible. This will give 2 Special Points if done correctly.
- Once both players have blocked each other, start filling up the empty spaces in your base.
- Try to put your Special Tiles near the Walls to quicken the activation process.
- Rack up as many Special Points as you can before using the Special Tiles.
- There are over 150 cards in this game. Try and get as many as you can to customize & optimize your Deck.
This was all about how to Play Tableturf Battle in Splatoon 3. Hopefully, this guide has helped you. You can also check out our other guides like Best Weapons To Use In Splat Zone in Splatoon 3.