The long awaited release of My Time at Sandrock brings back one of the beloved building games back in the fold. And if that’s not enough, the co-op and multiplayer option is now available with My Time at Sandrock and fans have been waiting for this from a long time. Since the nature of the multiplayer is not clear to most players, our guide will do the explaining you need.
My Time at Sandrock is the successor to a much loved My Time at Portia and the best feature in comparison is the multiplayer. Though we can say there are a lot more upgrades, but what excites me about the game is being able to play with different groups of friends.
My Time at Sandrock Co-Op & Multiplayer Explained
Although Pathea Games were planning to create an entire multiplayer story gameplay of 30 hours, they had to abandon that approach mid way. So the My Time at Sandrock Co-Op & Multiplayer will allow 4 players to build the town of Sandrock in a more sandbox type of gameplay. There will be numerous features available right from the start and as you level up, you will be able to unlock more.
Building, or fighting, or dating, or even playing mahjong are some of the ways in which players can gain points in the multiplayer gameplay. All of these points will pool up to help you level up and unlock more gameplay and building options. Also, building houses and completing tasks will also allow new NPCs to move into town.
How to Play Multiplayer in My Time at Sandrock
Now that you know what you are getting into, here’s how you can play My Time at Sandrock Co-Op & Multiplayer with your friends:
- Launch My Time at Sandrock from Steam and once you do so, you will get the option for Singleplayer or Multiplayer.
- Once you select Multiplayer, you will be taken to the game where you get to adjust your settings and the server you wish to play on. Keep an eye on the ping and traffic to make sure you can have the best gaming experience.
- After that, complete the login and character creation.
- Every player has a UID and you can use that to add your friends.
- Next, players have three options, Join A Town, Create A Town, & Match A Town. If you are playing multiplayer with your friends, you can choose either of the first two options.
That’s all we have on the multiplayer and co-op in My Time at Sandrock. If you found this guide useful, do check out how to get Bearings in the game right here at Gamer Tweak.