Looking to enjoy thrilling adventures by playing Sons of the Forest Multiplayer with your friends? Then you have just arrived at the right place. Thankfully, this sequel of the 2014 game allows its player to hop in with their companions. There might be multiple questions buzzing inside your head like, how many players can play together, or how to join or host a server. Don’t worry, we got you covered. Check out this guide that features the steps to Invite & play Multiplayer.
How to Invite Friends to Sons of the Forest
If you have been playing Sons of the Forest already, then you may know that there is no dedicated option to Add a Friend. That doesn’t mean you can’t Invite your friends for a Multiplayer session in Sons of the Forest. Here’s what you can do to send an invite:
- To Invite Friends, you will have to add them on the Steam Client.
- Once you have added them, you can Invite them while Hosting a Multiplayer game in Sons of the Forest.
- Now, while Hosting, click on the Invite Friends option at the bottom.
- By clicking on it, a list of your Online Steam Friends will appear.
- From there, simply Invite them to play Multiplayer.
How to Play Multiplayer in Sons of the Forest
While on the Main Menu screen, you can decide if you want to go solo or with a friend. To be precise, all you got to do is click on the Multiplayer Mode and then join or host a server. Here’s how:
If you are a host, then you can create a server (game) following the below steps:
- Click on Multiplayer > Host on the Main Menu screen.
- Select the level of difficulty on which you want to play the game.
- Further, choose an appropriate name for your server.
- Choose a limit of how many players can join your game (minimum 2 and maximum 8 players).
- In addition, you can also turn on the Friends Only mode. This locks the server for you and the players on your friends list only.
Now, that a multiplayer game is hosted in Sons of the Forest, here’s how the others can join it:
- Click on Multiplayer > Join on the Main Menu screen.
- While joining a server, you can turn on the Friends Only option so that your friend’s server pops up on the list.
- Moreover, you can use the Filter option to search for the server manually.
- Also, you can select a specific Mode that will make the servers with the corresponding mode appear on the list.
If you find your desired server on the list, simply click on it to join it. You will now enter the lobby to finally play a Multiplayer game.
That covers everything on how to play Multiplayer with Friends in Sons of the Forest. While you are here, make sure to check out our other Sons of the Forest Guides on Gamer Tweak.