Genshin Impact is a free-to-play action role-playing game, which is currently available for PC, PlayStation 4 and 5, Android and iOS. Developed and published by miHoYo, this anime-styled game has gained a ton of fan following, especially due to its mystical creatures and characters. The players are able to immerse themselves in this unique world and explore its mysteries.
Ever since it released, thousands of players are asking the same question ‘How to play Genshin Impact on Mac’? If you are one of them, then here’s everything you need to know about how to play Genshin Impact on Mac.
How to play Genshin Impact on Mac
The developer of the game has not officially released Genshin Impact for Mac yet. However, there are certain tips and tricks to play it on Mac. What all you need to do is to set up a Windows 10 partition on your macOS to play Genshin Impact on Mac.
Make sure your Mac has the required configuration. Once you have checked the recommended configuration, the next thing you need is a program called Boom Camp. With the help of Boom Camp, you can install a version of Windows on your PC to boot up and load software.
Here are some easy steps to install Windows 10 on a Mac using Boot Camp:
- Download the Windows 10 ISO
- Configure Boot Camp Assistant
- Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Boot Camp Assistant
- Open the program and click on continue
- Now, select the Windows 10 ISO
- Choose somewhere around 100GB of space
- Install the Windows 10 ISO and configure Windows
- Now, install recommended drivers after booting up the Windows partition
If you still have doubts about installing Windows 10 on Mac using Boot Camp, you can watch the video below.
Once you are done installing Windows 10 on MC, you will be allowed to download to and Install Genshin Impact.
How to play Genshin Impact on Mac using GeForce Now
You can also use NVIDIA GeForce Now cloud gaming service to get access to this game. To get this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official GeForce Now Website and click on the ‘Download’ option below Mac OS.
- Once the file is installed, you can drag and drop it in the Applications Folder.
- After the app is installed, open it and search for ‘Genshin Impact’.
- You will be prompted to create or log in to your NVIDIA account.
- After you are done, you can then launch the game and log in using your Genshin Impact account details.
How to play Genshin Impact on Mac using Parallels
You can use this software and run Windows apps on your Mac. To get this, all you need is to download and install Parallels on your device. Making your Parallels account might take you some time, although you can simply log in if you already have an account. Once you have completed this process you can then go ahead and download & play Genshin Impact on Mac. Just to let you know that Parallels creates a Windows ecosystem on your Mac PC. It is just like Bluestacks that lets you emulate Android on Windows.
That’s all you need to know about playing Genshin Impact on Mac. For more updates, latest tips and tricks check our Genshin Impact Wiki Guide, right here on Gamer Tweak.