New World is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) created by Amazon Game Studios. In this open-world game, create Establishments and Colonies with your fellow guild members. You can also disrupt and destroy other settlements to sustain your own. If that wasn’t enough then you can also battle the evil that lurks around the lands of the New World. Since New World is a PC game, most players are going to play on Mouse & Keyboard. But is there a way to play on Controller? Does the game have Controller Support? In this guide, I will show you how to Play with a Controller in New World.
How to Play with a Controller in New World
Does New World have Controller Support? if that is the question you are asking then yes, the game has Controller Support. Being a Steam game, you can easily connect any Controller of your choosing. Since New World is a PC game, the Xbox Controller will automatically connect and configure itself to map every key to a button. If it doesn’t happen then follow the steps given below:
- Connect your Controller to the PC.
- After that, go to Steam and click on Settings.
- From there, click on Controller and then General Controller Settings.
- Now over here, you will be able to Enable Controller Support for any Controller & any game like New World.
- You can do this for an Xbox Controller, a PS Controller, or even a Steam Controller if you have one.
- If you don’t like the Controller bindings then in the game, press Shift+Tab to open up the Steam Overlay.
- On the top right corner, you should be able to find the Controller Configuration option.
- Click it and it opens up your Steam Controller Configurator.
- At the bottom, click on Browse Configs and then Community.
- Now select the Config of your liking, I highly recommend the one with the most Votes &/or Playtime.
- Alternatively, instead of clicking on Community, you can choose Recommended that is if the Devs have put one there.
After following these steps, you will be able to enable the Controller Support for the game and will be able to play with it. This was all about how to Play with a Controller in New World. Hopefully, this guide has helped you. You can also check out our other guides like How To Find The Location Of Boatswain Ambrose in New World.