With Blizzard launching Overwatch 2, there is massive excitement to see the character revamp. While new players are still learning about the game, veterans are already hopping in to practice their favorite character. Although choosing a class is a matter of gameplay method, practicing them is where the skills will develop. Since the characters have had some upgrades, there is no harm in checking some tips and tricks. In this guide, we will show you how to play Baptiste in Overwatch 2. While the character has had some upgrades, he is still not the best Support Healing class. Nevertheless, he is still quite useful and you should give him a shot. So let’s check out this guide and see the Abilities, strategies, tips, and tricks you need.
Tips and Tricks to Play Baptiste in Overwatch 2
Baptiste is an amazing Support Healing character and his potential can truly be unlocked after practice. While the game mechanics have made it hard for support players, by reducing the number of team members they have brought on improved gameplay. Here are the tips and tricks to play Baptiste in Overwatch 2:
- Baptiste is basically a healer in the team so his primary and only attack comes from the Biotic Launcher. As a healer, your best position would be in the middle, behind the Tank and primary DPS.
- Most of Baptiste’s abilities are helpful for healing the team. However, it is vital to know which one is useful at what time. For instance, the Alt-Fire of the Biotic Launcher is enough for healing allies who have lost some health. However, in cases where you and your allies are below half health, the Regenerative Burst will work charms.
- The Passive ability of Baptiste in Overwatch 2 helps him jump higher and reach places of some high elevation while helping allies. This is quite useful when you are split from your team and your allies need help. Since attacking is not part of your resume, it might not be useful for an ambush. But you can definitely try.
- While your Immortality Field won’t let your allies die, the device is breakable. Always try your best to conceal it while using it without dampening its effects.
- Last but not least is the Ultimate ability, the Amplification Matrix. This will allow your allies to have a better healing effect and also double the damage of their projectiles. This is a useful ability when the team has lost some health but is also charging on the enemy.
Support Healer have abilities unique to healing. Baptiste is no different to that game mechanic. Here are the abilities of Baptiste in Overwatch 2:
- Biotic Launcher
- Exo Boots
- Immortality Field
- Regenerative Burst
- Amplification Matrix (Ultimate)
That’s all there is on how to play Baptiste in Overwatch 2. While you are here, make sure you check out our Overwatch 2 guides for more content with Gamer Tweak.