Overwatch: Game Server Connection Failed Fix 2021
Here's how to fix Overwatch Game Server Connection, including Battle.net Game Server Connection Error & Overwatch Can't Connect To Game Server Error.
Overwatch Year of the Ox Event is live right now with three weekly event challenges, all-new player icons, sprays, Epic skins, and five new Legendary skins. But players around the globe are facing server connection issues. Some can’t even connect to their battle.net desktop client. So let’s look at few ways how to resolve Overwatch Game Server Connection Failed Error.
Overwatch fix for Battle.net Game Server Connection Failed
If you unfortunate to go through this issue then don’t worry, we have some handy guide for you to resolve this. We will begin by deleting the Battle.net cache folder by following below steps:
- Close all Blizzard games and the Battle.net client.
- Open Task Manager by Ctrl+Shift+Esc or by right-clicking the taskbar & selecting it.
- Click on More details on the left-hand side.
- If already it’s opened in Detailed view, go to the Processes tab.
- Right-click and select End Process for all programs related to Blizzard like agent.exe & Blizzard Update Agent.
- Press Windows Key+R, and type %ProgramData%, and hit Enter key.
- Find the Blizzard Entertainment folder inside ProgramData and delete it.
- Now restart the Battle.net app and launch Overwatch.
- The Game Server Connection Issue will resolve now.
Deleting your “C:\ProgramData” will not affect any of your game data. Deleting this folder will resolve many minor issues caused due to a corrupted cache folder or by outdated files.
Overwatch Can’t Connect To Game Server
If you still can’t connect to Overwatch, follow these additional fixes for Battle.net lost connection error:
- Open Blizzard Battle.net client.
- Go to the Options menu and select Check for Updates. Make sure there are not any more Overwatch updates pending for you.
- Open Options and from below the Overwatch game title and select “Scan and Repair“.
- Click Begin Scan and let the repair process finish.
- Power cycling your modem and router by powering down it for 60 seconds.
- Restart modem and router, allow them to boot till the front panel lights indicate a steady connection.
- Check all network Drivers are up to date.
- Use Blizzard’s network diagnostic tool Battle.net Looking-Glass from this here, to test your server connection.
- Select your region, and run all the tests for Overwatch.
- Once you see your connection is stable. Then restart the Battle.net desktop client.
- Make sure you have selected the correct region in Region / Account dropdown above the Play button.
- Launch Overwatch. All major issues will be resolved by now.
That’s everything you need to know to fix Overwatch Game Server Connection Issues. While you are here check out our other Videogame guides in GamerTweak.